A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Truth about Brazillian Protests

luksamuk

Nobody says a word?

Perharps the problem doesn't seem serious enough, right? We'll just go play soccer and dance samba in our forest, because that's what we do for the other countries.

(Samba isn't even appreciated where I live, personally.)

Well, there's one more for you

Nobody says a word?

Perharps the problem doesn't seem serious enough, right? We'll just go play soccer and dance samba in our forest, because that's what we do for the other countries.

I passed it around and facebook'd it to a few people. Tragic news isn't going to cause any kind of uproar over here until it hinders Americans from watching television. It just doesn't work like that. I think people generally know how much it sucks to live in Brazil, but it sucks to live in alot of places on earth and being 5000 miles away doesn't add to the urgency either.

You should try to spread the word, but don't start preaching to people, because it's annoying. That's how you get shut out.

Is it true that they're shutting off internet access across the whole country? Cuz they sure know how to keep a man down if that's the case.

Happily that's NOT TRUE. They didn't come to this point, but in counterpart, there's a bastard in congress who suggested a law in which any protest during the Confederations Cup/World Cup would be considered terrorism.

Some things like that seem so absurd that we're almost sure it won't be approved, BUT, we can't trust that anymore:

Currently, occupying the position of the Commission of Human Rights and Minorities, there's this congressman called Marco Feliciano, who is also admitelly racist and homophobic, having said things like "The Africans are descendant from the cursed part of Noah's family tree" and "Don't worry folks, I'll treat homosexuals and black people as if they were real persons."

Now, if there's not enough WTFs, currently, in the middle of the turbulence of protests that's been going on, this man just approved a law project that guarantees what he calls a "gay cure".

The law project is actually a correction in one of the laws of the Federal Council of Psychology, which forbids a psychologist to refer to homosexualism, and also forces the psychology professional to literally help someone stop being gay.

TL;DR: We couldn't stop a nazi reaching the head of the Commision of Human Rights and Minorities, and now it just approved a gay cure law project.

there's a bastard in congress who suggested a law in which any protest during the Confederations Cup/World Cup would be considered terrorism.

TL;DR: We couldn't stop a nazi reaching the head of the Commision of Human Rights and Minorities, and now it just approved a gay cure law project.

Haha, what the fuck man