A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

TheJeli's Music Thread

TheJeli

Hmm, looks like you're using Mixcraft? (I knew using that program had its perks!)

I'll give you a tip when it comes to instrumentation: You might want to go around looking for VSTs and soundfonts. (I'd recommend you to go for free ones - Good VSTs can be extremely expensive! oryoucanpirate)

Here's two sites good for that kind of thing:

http://www.vstwarehouse.com/ Free VSTs

http://hammersound.com/cgi-bin/soundlink.pl Free Soundfonts

(Please note that I'm not an advertising spambot - just trying to help out here using the best sites I know!)

Also, the loops in Mixcraft are very nice (I know, I've tried) but try to grow out of them - or at least don't rely on them for the main skeleton of the track too often. Those loops are the precise reaper- er, reason - Mixcraft gets as much flac as it does - "HEY I MADE THIS ORIGINAL TRACK OUT OF MIXCRAFT LOOPS" "no u didnt u just smah existin lops into eech otter n col it orignal"

*ahem*

Also, try to put your own twist on remixes - People want originality (while insisting on familiarity in a twist of irony; remember, remixes good and originals- what are they again? - according to good ol' Internet!) when they hear remixes, not just a midi with arguably better instrumentation quality.

Welp, that's all I can say for now - I don't think I can say much else about your remasters, and there's not enough originality in your originals to talk more about them so far. Sorry if this sounded too negative - Believe me, I'd love to see where you go from here, as a fellow Mixcraft user myself.

(also, thinking music is just pressing buttons and putting loops together - exactly what happens caused by those oversimplified musical instrumental toys, eh? Not aimed to you at all - more towards the absolute n00bs who think composing in Mixcraft is just arranging loops together and nothing else - Just a little rant I really had to get outta my head. Sorry for the negative statement wrapping this off.)

Sure, thanks. I wasn't particularly in the mood for trying to help further anyway - Ahh, cynicism, that's what ya get for joining good ol' Sonic Stadium.

My point still stands, however - Not wanting to take your talent to the limit because you're just doing it for the evulz is a lame excuse to be lazy in what you do, because if you try, you'll be able to do so much more, and you're letting all that potential go to waste. Imagine the same for fangames - it's not your day job, so why pour heart and soul into it?

I accept your apology, (albeit I was significantly upset until you did so) and here's a reminder that my first post still stands. Read a bit more into it, and take those wings into action! Bumpy first impressions aside, I'm still interested in your future exploits. Good luck!