A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

3D Chao Garden Online

logopne.png

NOTICE: There is an alpha stress test occurring between July 5-7 for the game. People interested in getting a glimpse at the game will be able to download the game from here. Thank you. After the 7th, the server will no longer be active until further notice.

This is just a little project I am working on. First, a screenshot:

screenshot108f.png

This is just a development test screenshot, however more is in development. No download is available yet, however, it will when a beta is released.

Features:

• You can call Chao towards you
  • Hatch eggs
  • Control camera(duh)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlIKdLNoLnM

It isn't much at this point, but it is in development. More information is coming soon.

I guess I'm mildly interested in that case. It's a little fugly, but SA2's chao garden was fun and if you can make something with similar features that would be cool.

Well, I wouldn't have members expect its going to be high-class 100 developer team graphics, but it is going to have decent graphics.

The game is going to be having all features of SA2 Chao Garden and even more, especially with new items going to be added every so often.

EDIT: Also, the video was bad quality. The actual game is a lot smoother.

I can help out with texture art if you want, but I suck balls at modelling, especially box-modelling. (Taking a box and turning it into something with the knife tool.)

Some help with textures would actually be nice, thank you.

I also need some sound FX makers for Chaos and some other stuff, but that isn't really as important at the moment.

Alright, well more updates are coming, here is a screenshot of a few features I added so far.

newskw.png

qiwq.png

I added a new day/night system and time. I also added a few items, such as some fruits(basic kind). I also added a player "cursor"(that torus-shaped thing) for spawning items, such as eggs and fruit. I will be adding ring currency soon. Also, the eggs hatch into chao.

More coming soon.

Ohh! I LOVE Chao Gardens! I'm going to keep tabs on this topic.

By the way, I like how you are going with this; keep up the awesome work~ =D

Thanks for the comment. Since SEGA hasn't been releasing any more Chao Garden features for the sonic games, I guess I decided to make one that would even be online and multiplayer. I'm glad people are interested.:tgrin:

Well, here's all the Chao related sound data from SA2.

Please note that the Network Success tune is also used when a Chao's stat levels up.

EDIT: Would be wise to include the link.

Here.

Thank you for the help. I will start implementing these sounds right away. I am debating whether I should release an offline version of the game for testers to get a feel for the game.

No problem, anything to get a Chao Garden 3.

If I knew more about the A-Life system, I'd offer to help out with the mechanics, but all I can do it send you to where I do my research for Chao raising.

Here we go.

EDIT: I can tell you that I know of 7 stats that Chao have...

Power

Run

Fly

Swim

Stamina

Luck*

Intelligence*

*You never see these stats, and the doctor doesn't tell you about them.

We know that all animals increase Luck by 20%, and Chaos Drives increase Luck by 40%

(100% = level up, and reset to 0%.)

We know Intelligence, as the name suggests, affects the Chao's ability and speed at solving puzzles in Races, and perhaps how quickly it recognizes toys in the gardens.

Luck seems to only affect how often the Chao falls into trap holes in races, and maybe how often it gets crits in Karate.

It is unknown what affects luck, though we assume for now that it's determined at birth along with everything else, and does not increase ever.

Are you going to include customizable avatars for us to use to interact with the Chao? I always enjoyed projecting myself onto the characters to care for my Chao, bit hard to do with a floating screen.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing more of this.

This is mostly a 3rd perspective of the Chao, however you take care of the chao within this 3rd perspective. I may add avatars to interact with the chao, but the 3rd perspective is the plan.

EDIT: I will be adding interactive avatars, since I can understand how interaction with an avatar is better than just interacting with the third perspective.

EDIT2: Here is another screenshot with a test avatar. I also added a feature where the avatar can pick up your Chao.

oepw.png

• 3 weeks later...