A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The History of Sonic the Hedgehog

Epon

So... I got this a few weeks ago and have only dug thru about 5% of it so far. I honestly was expecting shitloads of pictures and big fonts, but jeez oh man they shoved a lot into each page.

3ewvedT.jpg

Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/History-Sonic-Hedgehog-Entertainment-Corp/dp/1926778561

I'm not going to lie, I know just about everything in this book so far. As I got older, I don't know much about the production or even the story of Unleashed, Colors, etc. But when I saw this popup for presale back in October-ish, I nabbed it right away.

Most of my friends that come over know about my unhealthy obsession with Sonic. I mean, I drove around a shitty V6 Mustang with a license plate that said GOTRING on it. 2013 Ernie would want to kill 2004 Ernie.

(2013 Ernie also loves Twitter, what a loser!)

Anyway, the book sits there on my coffee table and when people come over, they of course make a joke, but pick it up and are blown away by the shit that's crammed in there. They probably don't get 90% of it and quite frankly, that's OK with me. The fact that they're reliving part of their childhood for a few brief moments is what counts.

Anyway, lots of cool art, lots of cool stories, and a def most-own for Sonic fans. This is coming from the kid who used to sit on WinMX until the asscrack of dawn to download SonicX rips from Japan pirates. Trust me, solid read. Only 1000 are being printed in English.

im usually turned off by books like this even for franchises that I really like, because it always seems like a few minutes of a google search will turn up tons of more juicy stuff, and the book usually only includes a bunch of shit you've known since the 90s. But if it's as crammed with stuff as you say then it actually looks interesting.

• 4 weeks later...