A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Help with Half-working homing attack

Red6095

Hello! I'm new, this is my first post and dunno, I want some help.

Well, I've made a homing attack that actually works, but not as well as the "official" one.

I've made it a Sonic-exclusive move by telling the engine to use it only if the character was 0, also made it to work under the 06 engine's Homing Sensor.

The wrong thing here is that Sonic doesn't "travel" to the target, but instead warps to it's position, like it just appears there.

Also, the move doesn't work well when the object is on the ground, and sonic warps but freezes there for half a second and doesn't jump.

Also, I made it to, after the move is used, give Sonic -7 Y Speed (or something like that) with the Player_Movement Values thingy.

For now he can home on monitors and badniks. I had to give them the bonus and enemy qualifiers so I could select all of them without having to make too much codes.

Also, here's the code I made.

homingattackcode.png

I want it to work like in official games, or at least that it jumps after hitting the target on ground.

thanks!