A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Construct Classic vs. C2

Serephim

This sounds like a pretty stupid question, as im sure C2 at this point should be much superior to classic.

Question is, im thinking of buying it, and is wondering if anyone who has it thinks its worth actually paying almost $100 for over Classic, which seems to pretty much leap over MMF2 to begin with.

Big reason is, before i start playing around with this engine im doing, i'd rather not get too far into it before finally deciding to switch to C2, seeing as the files are not interchangable and recoding stuff takes forever.

Does Construct offer online capabilities? As far as I know, the online capabilities in MMF kind of blow.

I don't know what's so hard about sending random bits of information to a server and receiving them on another side.

I don't think I've seen a single fan-game / project with online capabilities. That would be a huge selling point for me. People are all about replay value.

unless you explicitly want to do HTML5 stuff, you should probably stick with Classic.

There are a couple of other advantages as well. You can use SVN and such on Construct 2 stuff while you can't on Construct Classic, but you probably wouldn't care too much about that unless you are doing collaborative work.