A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pool Ball from Sonic Colors [GM8]

thevaleev

Dear forum members!

Please help me to create one of the objects

gameplay of the game Sonic Colors.

In the next video, note the Pool

Balls (located somewhere in the 45 seconds).

I want to create this Balls in my game, but

I have some problems.

Please help me:

-- How create animation twisting ball? (rolled to the right - and the sprite there)

-- Physics for the ball (make it roll on the ground)

I'm assuming you're using the Revival Unleashed Engine for this since you didn't specifiy what engine you were using.

In a nutshell, the ball would use the same movement collision scripts that Sonic uses allowing it to have some friction and slope movement, it will need "objHoming" as its parent object so that homing attack will work on it and if Sonic were to attack it, the ball moves at the same x_speed as Sonic when he hits the ball.

For applying the sonic movement to the ball, copy and modify the movement coding from Sonic's movement script

I'm not sure if this feature's available in the Revival Engine itself, but I know that most engines built off of it have a feature where Sonic's animation speed is set based off how fast he's moving. As far as the rolling animation, you can either animate it yourself in the image editor, or use the image_angle function.

After you've done that, and as for making it look a bit realistic, try something along the lines of this:

animation_speed = 0.25+abs(x_speed)/10[/CODE]

Whereas [b]animation_speed[/b] would be a variable you set to co-exist with [b]image_speed[/b], and [b]x_speed[/b] would be the horizontal movement.