A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Edge

Shikamaru

For some reason I couldn't get past that wall where I should supposedly hold up (:asweatdrop: ), but anyway, some things you should fix:

-Explain which keyboard keys the player should press. Just saying "press fire 2" without explaining which key is "fire 2" forces the player to discover which key "fire 2" is, which is somewhat frustrating.

-Sometimes, if the player presses the "fire 2" button while overlapping those help icons, a glitch occurs and the player ends up "freezing", not being able to move and always in the last frame of the attack animation. not sure why it's happening but you should take a look at the events.

Anyway, if I find anything else, I'll post it here:tgrin: .

I understand it's supposed to be a bit more based around gradual speed gaining, but its really sluggish from the beginning. Also, I'd suggest implementing rolling since it'd actually work really well with this kind of gameplay. Other than that it's really awesome! Can't wait to see more of this.

@blazefirelp yea they are which put me in a pretty bad situation.

@azukara So you mean make the speed gain faster? & I added a fall catcher so you don't get hurt. Press x when falling from a high area to catch yourself, but if that's not good rolling is defiantly the solution. Adding in things to make the game more fluid so players don't die too fast is what im looking for. Thanks for the errors ima fix them up right now its best to be told whats wrong and fix it then to be hard headed and not fix it at all.