A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Original Sonic The Hedgehog Enhanced Remake. GM7.

BbBlair

I should of constructed that sentance better, I should of put like Sonic AND Mario...

Bad grammar is bad..

But anyway that's actually a pretty awesome idea! I all ways thought someone should expand on the Sonic CD Special stage approach and make a full engine/game with it.

I actually think collaborating on a 3D engine like that would be 100x more creative and fresh than another side scroller.

May I ask what code your using to make it? (C++/GM/MMF2)

my idea i just recruited someone with synaesthesia to compose the bg music nd 7 zones 7 chaos emeralds 1 per stage. make it modern but classic both at once i got a basic engine but what i got now looks shit if i can get hold of a decent engine for this that easy to understand in gml then we laughing

Also the original levels will be in this city escape will be the zone to bring the count to 7 nd sky fortress wll be extra on top of this. first to acts are similar to sky base on sms 3rd act is a boss run with final boss at end all 7 chaos emeralds not only allow super sonic in stages but an original extra zone

i need a proper game maker 7 engine to make this work as i said i got someone with that thing that makes sound appear as colour to them on board for this.

They right now remixing death egg mk2 act 1 in gba form for the boss run

Also the original levels will be in this city escape will be the zone to bring the count to 7 nd sky fortress wll be extra on top of this. first to acts are similar to sky base on sms 3rd act is a boss run with final boss at end all 7 chaos emeralds not only allow super sonic in stages but an original extra zone

i need a proper game maker 7 engine to make this work as i said i got someone with that thing that makes sound appear as colour to them on board for this.

They right now remixing death egg mk2 act 1 in gba form for the boss run

city escape will allow grindingto be in a pure classic and this whole game will allow a doomsday style level be in the original many people want some thing better than the shit sega brought out on gba for sonic 1 this may be it

this will never be the death of sonic fan gaming this may become the holy grail nd so what if i want to produce a game remaking sonic 1 with 7 stages so each stage has a unique special stage so 7 chaos emeralds fit. It allows an extra stage and an excuse to produce a sky base remake in this in advanced graphics.

Many people will love to play this nd sega may well like what we doing and want to pitch in.

tailssend says butcher it i say enhance it this project will always see haters and lover but all the haters can go and get an emulator and the original rom nd be rude to it for all care i want to do this nd that final whoever supporting me doing it can pm me fur it nd from now on all hater comments getting deleted as this thread not for haters to put me to shame it for enthusiasts to encourage me in my project

I hope for ideas that gona make this project successful rather than hinder it from now on. When i make a breakthrough i will post the fruits of out labour on here as our whole team right now is from scotland and scottish people know that effort means everything

Quadruple posting for the win? I personally think this thread should be locked until more screenshots or videos are shown. The rules state if your only going to show Mockups then they need to have some original art in them. and these dont.

the engine i have is shit and wont do sonic team proud within the next week me and my friend who is from Scotland also like me from the smallest county in great Britain I might add will be posting a demo within the next week before the 16th of June that shows our works from now and i hope constructive criticism will be shown towards the engine so we can produce something that everyone can love to pieces.

This isnt a bump tactic as yous might be tryingto insinuate it is mearly me forgetting to type things in previous posts. Please accept my apology for making this seam as such.

there will be a demo here by friday the 16th of june

Um, nope.

Read this again, but the first post instead: http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=3939

Think that you can surpass the current Sega games if you wish - but don't expect them to "like it and pitch in".

It's good to have a goal you want to reach, but if you're expecting people to help, first of all, be a bit more modest.

"becoming the holy grail of fan gaming" is quite past the line.

----------

So, a remake with seven stages? Neat. Seriously: Don't let yourself get brought down by people who burn those who don't stay true to the "classics". If you want to add the 7th chaos emerald, do so.

Show your ideas if you want to impress - merely listing doesn't do the trick.