A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

PC Gamers: Mouse selection?

ila

Greetings, ila here!

With Diablo 3 fast approaching and the fact that I've been PC gaming a lot more than usual, I've come to the conclusion that I should upgrade to a mouse better suited for PC gaming. I'm using some cheap $10 Logitech mouse, but I want something a little more button-tastic. Here's what I've been looking at:

1) Razer Naga Hex

razer-naga-hex-red-main.jpg

Pros: 6 buttons on side are enough for Diablo 3 hot keys as League of Legends skills, wired, red

Cons: Not sure if it will be easy to distinguish buttons during active play. Mouse looks pretty gaudy.

2) SteelSeries Sensei

steelseries-sensei_hero_orange.jpg

Pros: Can customize color, buttons are more spread out, best looking, can by locally instead of mail order.

Cons: I'll probably never play with any major adjustments, only 5 extra buttons, Not sure how often I'll use the 2 on the right. $90

3) SteelSeries Diablo III

diablo-3.jpg

Pros: spread out buttons, cheapest option, mouse software specifically designed for Diablo 3.

Cons: Design is kinda icky. Only 5 buttons, not sure how often I'll use the 2 on the right anyway.

Thoughts everyone?

ila time out!

The Razer Naga Hex looks very uncomfortable, in my opinion. Even though I'm not a big PC guy, I think the Steelseries Sensi looks best. (Or either one if the Diablo 3 one isn't more expensive because of LOL BRANDING or the Diablo 3 one, since it looks just like a remodeled version of the Sensei.)

I do LOVE the speed and Precision I get with my Razer Death Adder(not to mention the design), but I have no intention of getting A Naga/etc. with extra buttons. Honestly the cost is not worth 4-8 more buttons that already exist on my keyboard.

On top of that, If you aren't going to fit EVERY command you might want to use onto the mouse, it just really isn't worth it.

Personally I would recommend just a basic Razer Death Adder, cuz I fucking love mine. Though I must admit, that Diablo III mouse looks awesome and I've heard fantastic things about steel series.

Just my 2 cents.

So like, do highend mouses actually do anything special? Kind of feels like buying a "high end" PS3 remote.

Like, either it works or it doesnt, you know? Or maybe im missing something.

That's about what I got out of it, actually. It's a mouse. If it works, good. If it doesn't, your fucked. No gray area.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Performance-Mouse-Mac/dp/B002HWRJBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336926340&sr=8-1 < been rocking the older model of this guy for about 5 years now, and it's still a solid fucking mouse. I'm usually not a fan of wireless but this mouse comes with a charge base so you can charge while you sleep or something. The newer versions come with a usb cable you can plug it into the computer with and use it wired while it charges too, it's quite nifty. My only complaint about these mouses is the middle click button actually isn't available at all in these mice, instead middle clicking makes the wheel frictionless for fast scrolling. Usually I just bind middle click to one of the side buttons anyways.