A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Syntax annoys me to no end.

Hmmm, well if I remember correctly, in MMF2 you need to tell it where the variable belongs. Right?

(0.8(X('objIdk')-8)^2) - 81?

I dunno if that even helps. Haven't used MMF2 in quite awhile..

I'm aware of that. I replaced X with another alterable value and it's still like "Oh no, that can't work!"

1. This is not a runtime problem if it's telling you that you can't use the formula. Runtime problems occur while your game is actually running, hence the name.

2. You are right about it being the exponent, but it isn't like MMF can't do them. If you want to use exponents, you do this:

v1 pow v2

It isn't at all uncommon for languages not to include the the '^' symbol as an operator and instead to make you rely on functions for it. Really it helps to reduce ambiguity anyway.

3. That wasn't your only problem. USC was right. Neither MMF nor expressions in 99% of other languages do coefficients like that, be sure to use multiplication symbols every time.

1. This is not a runtime problem if it's telling you that you can't use the formula. Runtime problems occur while your game is actually running, hence the name.

2. You are right about it being the exponent, but it isn't like MMF can't do them. If you want to use exponents, you do this:

v1 pow v2

It isn't at all uncommon for languages not to include the the '^' symbol as an operator and instead to make you rely on functions for it. Really it helps to reduce ambiguity anyway.

3. That wasn't your only problem. USC was right. Neither MMF nor expressions in 99% of other languages do coefficients like that, be sure to use multiplication symbols every time.

And now I have another problem.. Sora jumps way too fast! His arc formula looks like this...

((JumpArcTime( "Sora" )-1)*(JumpArcTime( "Sora" )-1)-30)/10

And the events around it look like this.

EOacj.png

Noting that 1 is added to JumpArcTime every frame.