A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sprite Request: Gimmicks!

Sparks

So Sonic Zero is trying to keep itself going, but right now the teams lead level spriter has disappeared randomly. I assume internet connection, or crashed computer.

Anyway, while I've been able to handle most things on my own (see: here), I've hit a bit of a snag. Grass spriting is one of my weaknesses, and some gimmicks we need require exactly that. Kaosu and I would appreciate if anyone could sprite these for us, and it'd help advance the development of a future Zero demo for SAGE. Hope this isn't too much to ask for!

lilypadsref.png

Ignore the frog, was just brainstorming.

seaweedref.png

Playable demo you say...?

I'll see what I can do. :3

Also, I'm not sure you'll be able to make the lilly pad stem float upward without using phizix or box 2d, but if I have some time I'll see if I can design a workaround.

You're using the worlds engine right?

kzwg

This is what I have so far, the larger part will layer over sonic to give it some depth, think of it like the ridges on a lilly pad:

kzxP

Of course if you don't want a ridge, you don't have to use it.

the thin part will be what he stands on, I made a variation with a flower on it for some variety. Obviously he won't collide with the flower.

The vine is going to be extremely difficult to make, as I'm not sure how you were planning to simulate the gravity with it, I'll need more details before I can do anything about that.

kzKb

kzKS

Seaweed is surprisingly hard to do...

The vines were completely optional, since the lily pad is ultimately just a slightly sinking platform. The lily pad itself looks gorgeous!

As for the the seaweed, it'd basically be a larger, thicker cluster that Sonic would slowly sink through back to the ocean floor, and cause Sonic to behave like how the snow drifts do in Ice Cap 2. You definitely have the right idea so far though!

Again, the help is much appreciated.

That's great! It just needs a larger mass of leaves in the back now to make it look more semi-solid (not realistic sea-weed, so more bush-like), one half that size, and frames for the leaves and it'll be perfect.

As for the zone, it's map is finished.

That's great! It just needs a larger mass of leaves in the back now to make it look more semi-solid (not realistic sea-weed, so more bush-like), one half that size, and frames for the leaves and it'll be perfect.

As for the zone, it's map is finished.

Great, I look forward to seeing it in action!

So you just want a thicker body of leaves on that right?

And then you want another about half the size of that?

Is that right?

• 2 months later...