A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Espio Adventure - Beta Engine

Sotsug

scaled.php?server=837&filename=piedi.png&res=medium

scaled.php?server=534&filename=imagem1in.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=27&filename=imagem2rf.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=826&filename=imagem5qc.png&res=medium

scaled.php?server=837&filename=imagem3vs.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=19&filename=imagem4pd.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=546&filename=imagem6b.png&res=medium

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ciianke4ml7ia8t(Beta 0.1)

http://www.mediafire.com/?zs0abz0tzasvu63(Beta 0.2)

Control's:

A = Jump

S = Shoot

X = Slash(Beta 0.1) / D = Slash(Beta 0.2)

UP + A = Jump to Up

Down + A = Jump to Down

A + A = Double Jump

X + X = Double Slash / D + D = Double Slash(Beta 0.2)

X + X + X = Triple Slash / D + D + D = Triple Slash(Beta 0.2)

A + A + S = Triple Shoot

---

UP + S = Charge Power(Beta 0.3)

A + D = Air Slash(Beta 0.3)

Credit's:

Music = Sega(Beta 0.1) - Konami(Beta 0.2)

Espio Sprite = Ashura and other's...

Badnick Sprites = Sega

Enemy Flower Sprites = Nintendo

It's not bad, but your list of controls is a bit misleading. It should be "Up + A" to jump to up, not "A + Up". Same with down. Also, you forgot the spin dash (Down + X).

I don't really understand why I can break item boxes with a single jump but not with a double jump (or a shoot). I also don't understand whether I can destroy enemies with a jump - it seems it works with some enemies but not with others?

The whole up/down system is interesting, but also a bit confusing. Because, unless item & enemies are hidden by a bush, it's not clear which plane they are on. It took me a while to understand why I couldn't get the first batch of crystals, so it was a little frustrating. You see, it's a bit weird that you have to go left until you're in front of the building, then jump to the other plane, then go right, just to get items that were right behind you.

But otherwise it's a nice game. The triple slash is pretty cool.

I think this has got a lot of potential. It's well made and plays a bit like Ninja Gaiden or Wrath of the Black Manta on Nes. I like his attacks and abilities, but the button placement for me was uncomfortable with having to press X below S to slash. It seems that it should be something like A, S, D or Z, X, C. Other than that, this is really nice. I like the hopping up and down levels. It works well with the hidden areas. I did get confused which layer I was on a couple of times like Core mentioned.

I think this has got a lot of potential. It's well made and plays a bit like Ninja Gaiden or Wrath of the Black Manta on Nes. I like his attacks and abilities, but the button placement for me was uncomfortable with having to press X below S to slash. It seems that it should be something like A, S, D or Z, X, C. Other than that, this is really nice. I like the hopping up and down levels. It works well with the hidden areas. I did get confused which layer I was on a couple of times like Core mentioned.

scaled.php?server=835&filename=espiolook2.png&res=mediumscaled.php?server=43&filename=espiolook.png&res=medium

And now? what do you think?

Nice! That fence is a good idea; now the layers are clearly separated.

I like his attacks and abilities, but the button placement for me was uncomfortable with having to press X below S to slash. It seems that it should be something like A, S, D or Z, X, C.

But the keys are reconfigurable, so that's not really an issue.

@Sotsug how about making espios adventure a game where you have to be stealthy. You know since hes a ninja and all.

Something like if you're in the light the enemy can see you and will run towards an alarm system where alot of enemies show up trying to kill you. But at the same time you can go hid somewhere to make the alarm of the enemies return to normal.

Edit: Plus if you're fast enough you can kill the enemy before he approaches the alarm system.

My mistake, I didn't notice the controls could be reconfigured. Very nice. The gameplay feels pretty good. I'm looking forward to playing more stages. As for ideas, maybe you could make the platforming more difficult. For example, having the player jump over a pit or a series of platforms?

Nice. I like the new abilities and the fire shield, plus you have corrected the problems I mentioned before. You've got a nice engine now, and it would be great to see more levels.

I think you could also make Espio walk a little faster, and I think holding S instead of Up+S to charge would be more intuitive, but that's a minor complaint.

• 6 months later...