A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Text Responsive AI... collab?

Pressing Enter clears Edit Box before Edit Box 2 can evaluate it (try removing the 'respond loop' condition and see). My suggestion would be to add to the 'Press Enter' event a command that sets a String equal to the value of the Edit Box, then use the string for AI comparisons.

Hope that helps.

Why the FUCK would you want to use MMF for something like this? You do realize that conversational systems are extremely complicated and require a rich understanding of language and data structures to create right? To the best of my knowledge, MMF doesn't even have good tools for parsing strings and implementing most advanced data structures is actually very difficult. This blows my mind.

It's been a long time since I've tried using the String Parser, but there should be an option to define the delimiter (possibly on the object itself in the Play Field); if not, I guess you could make a routine that takes in the sentence, then goes through the string and checks each character to see if it's a space.

As a small recommendation, I'd suggest converting each sentence into either all UPPERCASE or lowercase; this will make your life much easier as far as figuring out what the sentence should mean.