A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Stomping [06 engine]

Floofy

Hi guys, I'm having problems making a stomp blazefire's 06 engine.

Now, I've already made the stomp itself and it works perfectly, but the problem is the execution. If Sonic's action is 0 (basic movements) he can do it just fine. But if his action is 1 (jumping) it puts him into 0 resulting in falling instead of stomping.

I've determined the problem to be the event that tells sonic to switch back to 0, but I can't find it.

Alternatively, is there any way I could set up an event so it goes to a certain alterable value and deliberately ignores another one?

Click the main value object's icon in the event editor, and run your mouse through the event's it's affected by. I'd start in Actions.

I knew about that, I was hoping I wouldn't have to weed through an ocean of code. I guess I better get started :P

EDIT~

Well tails, your method worked. Turned out the modifications I had made to blazefire's grinding mechanics were screwing with the jumping... somehow... Anyways, it's all taken care of. Thanks :3