A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Using Sub-Application Help (MMF)

Hez

Not really help, but more of a question of theory. Does anyone know if you can build anything that includes extensions in it as a .CCN (web app) and then have another program built with MMF execute it using the sub-application extension?

Basically I'm playing around with the idea to avoid the "OUT OF MEMORY" barrier when you're MMF game becomes to large. If I could use the sub-application and have the levels stored separately it would eliminate any sort of limit on how many levels I can have. Anyone shed some light on the issue?

Well, the sub application properties let you choose either "Frame from this application" or an external file for the subapp.

However, I'm not sure if you can change it in runtime with an expression.

You could try putting a frame size wide subapp in your level frame and point it to the file it corresponds, make sure the share global values option is on so you can exchange data.

Well, the sub application properties let you choose either "Frame from this application" or an external file for the subapp.

However, I'm not sure if you can change it in runtime with an expression.

You could try putting a frame size wide subapp in your level frame and point it to the file it corresponds, make sure the share global values option is on so you can exchange data.

I don't think you understood what I was asking. I know how to use the extension, it's that when you grab something outside of the application you build, it won't load it because of certain extensions (actually, almost all of them I think). When you finalize everything, you end up getting an error like "cannot load BLAHBLAH.mfx".

Uh... maybe if you have instances of each extension used within your main application? Honestly I'm a little in the dark on this.

I THINK that may have done the trick. Was that a shot in the dark answer too? If so, I'm impressed. It's late, but Ill post tomorrow if it actually worked. At the moment I just made two quick new applications to test it.