A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Infinite

Floofy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and Norton won't let me play this, that's why i haven't reviewed it. Can you make a "safe" version?

Actually Tails, I've had two of my testers who use Norton say that, It's a false positive, ignore it.

@StereoPixel, Actually Renritu is the name of the song, I was hesitant to ask for an original score as I'm fairly new here, if you want to compose some music for the game that would be amazing.

@Blazefire, I'll try to meet every criteria you specified, that's a great list of

non-bugs that my testers hadn't picked up on.

Actually Tails, I've had two of my testers who use Norton say that, It's a false positive, ignore it.

I can't. Norton erases it as soon as it finishes downloading because my computer is fast enough that it can be checked that fast.

I'd love to play it, but Norton literally will not let me.

I can't. Norton erases it as soon as it finishes downloading because my computer is fast enough that it can be checked that fast.

I'd love to play it, but Norton literally will not let me.

Bummer :U

I'm really not sure what to do about that, I never learned how to bypass faulty security. :I

Bummer :U

I'm really not sure what to do about that, I never learned how to bypass faulty security. :I

Maybe you should just zip the file? I remember during SAGE I had a lot of trouble with Norton too; it deleted nearly every game that was downloaded directly as a .exe file.

Maybe you should just zip the file? I remember during SAGE I had a lot of trouble with Norton too; it deleted nearly every game that was downloaded directly as a .exe file.

I was going to mention that. It doesn't check compressed stuff upon download. It checks them when scheduled to check the whole drive, though.

Okay guys, the spindash isn't overpowered anymore, it takes a bit to charge it, and if you try to use it while running you'll roll. I figured you could roll to knock out anything in your way and then jump out of it. This method should stop players from abusing the spindash constantly to the end of the level.

I've also gotten an air meter implemented while underwater.

Yeah, Tarnish deleted everything from his Deviant Art leaving it a blank flank canvas. I noticed this a while ago. A shame really...

The running animation you are using is the only one of his that was free for use so it is completely fine for you to use it.

Also, I believe the one you referring to that was mine is this one

sonic_running_sprite_sheet_by_blazefirelp-d369c5l.png

Yeah, Tarnish deleted everything from his Deviant Art leaving it a blank flank canvas. I noticed this a while ago. A shame really...

The running animation you are using is the only one of his that was free for use so it is completely fine for you to use it.

Also, I believe the one you referring to that was mine is this one

[qimg]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/002/3/e/sonic_running_sprite_sheet_by_blazefirelp-d369c5l.png[/qimg]

Could I use those?

I dont get the concept of an "overpowered" spindash, i really don't.

The whole purpose of the spindash is instantaneous speed, and manually doing it doesn't even take a full second of execution. They make it sound like skipping a single step means you're somehow cheating.

I dont get the concept of an "overpowered" spindash, i really don't.

The whole purpose of the spindash is instantaneous speed, and manually doing it doesn't even take a full second of execution. They make it sound like skipping a single step means you're somehow cheating.

Niether do I, but if that's what makes the majority happy....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've taken my first test on this and I have something to say.

First, I'm glad this is not another Sonic Advanced graphic-based game with some crappy physics, it works pretty much fine. But you should put the jump button out of the Shift key, you know. Some options on Windows are accessed by pressing Shift five times, it makes some anticlimax when you're on some big section.

The 2D recreation of Emerald Coast Act 1 is pretty good, too. And Sonic rushes like a bullet, meaning that his speed is quite good, too. But take this as a note: you need to tweak the Jumpdash/Homing Attack a bit. You know, the Jumpdash is still a little weak. About homing Attack, I thought I have seen only one part where I had to really use it, near the end of the act.

Edit: I forgot to mention about a spring on the start of the act, it launches you only to a small line of rings. Sonic won't get launched pretty well unless you hold the jump button. Was it intended to happen?

Well, for an engine test, you did quite good for a first strike. Keep going, pal!