A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Physics?

Floofy

There is a physics extension called the "Chipmunk phizix" which is even probably what they actually used.

I believe the exact name is (Phizix-Chipmunk Engine (ChipX.mfx)

Which can be found here.

And some tutorials for it here and here (Official Website).

There are some tutorials on Youtube and on the forums

Hope this helped a bit.

Does anyone know how I would go about using Box2D in the manner depicted here:

I've tried before, but the results were terrible. Does anyone know how I could get this to work in the worlds engine?

Out of curisoity i downloaded that game.

Now ive never played any stage of Sonic 06 other than Kingdom Valley.....but im pretty POSITIVE this fucking fangame has hit the nail on the head.

Out of curisoity i downloaded that game.

Now ive never played any stage of Sonic 06 other than Kingdom Valley.....but im pretty POSITIVE this fucking fangame has hit the nail on the head.

It's pretty accurate, the bosses are extremely annoying, and the desert level is still broken. However massive kudos to badog2002 for getting it so close to the actual game.

i dont know if it was on purpose or not, but it 100% captures the fuckshit nature of that game.

It's just absolutely terrible. I dont know if thats bad or awesome on his part.

I know what you mean, I can't decide if hr was extremely lazy in development or extremely attentive to detail.

Still, those box2D physics can be used in some pretty clever ways. Not that they were, they're just eye candy in STH2D. But if I could get some enemys with physics based attacks, or replace Damizean's bridges with physical objects, that would be pretty rad.