A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Running on the ceiling after Springs

Icedrink

Bug.gif

(Gif animation)

Hello guys,

I can see a small bug in Sonic Worlds 0.5: the player doesn't turns around in the ceiling after a spring. :smidge:. I wanna to do like the pictures in below, please, how i can do it?

Sonic3.gif

Advance3.gif

(Gif animation)

EDIT: I searched for it, and i read that SWPolePod ''have'' it fixed, i've tested, but, this doesn't work. I don't using Delta V 1.2c because of a runtime error.

If this fix exists in the Delta version, what is the code?

Thanks for attention;

EDIT: I searched for it, and i read that SWPolePod ''have'' it fixed, i've tested, but, this doesn't work.
It IS fixed, but the ceiling has to be a solid backdrop, not an active object. You can replicate both example GIF animations with this version.

However, I am not sure why it's not working properly with actives.

(If you're getting runtime errors, have you considered updating MMF2 to the latest version?)

Wasn't there a 32x32 eggman symbol that when put on something above it'd let you run/walk on it similar to that?

Not in Worlds, except for the one that only has the purpose of preventing corks from going through ceilings. (It should be repurposed as an object for testing if Sonic is being crushed, which was its original purpose in the Sonic game engine)

For the purpose of going from spring to ceiling curve, the target curve should be a solid backdrop, and not an active object.