A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sky and 3d water?

Floofy

I got the 3d water effect to work

1_online.gif?tsid=20111009-164222-1145017d

But I have a problem... When I'm using a background, It doesn't move with the water, I tried setting the BG to an active object and setting it's position to directly above the 3d effect using events. to no avail.

The sky is underwater...

2_online.gif?rnd=0.23894305586665265

I would also like to detail the environment underwater, separate from the sky.

Would anyone kindly tell me how I would go about doing this?

Using my Sonic06 engine I see :). Are you wanting the BG to not be visible underwater or something or ....I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

It's an amazing engine.

Note how the background stays perfectly on top of the water, yet once sonic enters, it changes to the background for the water.

The background never moves on the Y axis in Nexus. It is simply overlayed with a gradient paralax. To do this you could simply compare if Sonic is in or out of water and make the background visible or not. Or you could set an bg that overlaps the far BG and set it to the position of the Water waves (YPOS) which will in turn disable the view of the far background.

2hx15qg.jpg

I changed the BG to highten contrast.

as you can see, I fixed the underwater.

But I'd like the BG to sit on top of the water, instead of moving behind it. If that's possible.

Compare to this

Note how the BG stays perfectly in place no matter the position of the player.

It seems to follow the frame while the player is underwater, But that's just a guess.

• 1 year later...