A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

(HELP) a 2 question to Sonic Worlds..

Cleberson

Hello, I came back with one more doubt..

1 Question: First I would like to know how to maneuver the Sonic stage or fly away when he touches on a spring and is in the air, are maneuvering in the style of Sonic Generations (Trinks)

2a5hypz.gif

2 Question: Everyone knows that when Sonic jumps or Homing Attack it always speaks several things, such as:

EDIT: YEA I KNOW THE COUNTER, BUT I USED AND.. not worked very well..

* Sonic jumps *

Says: yea!

* Sonic jumps again *

Says: Ok!

* Sonic jumps again *

Says: Iyan!.

Well then, I would like to adapt this engine in the Sonic Worlds, to use =)

Oh and: GSoft on one tutorial on the Sub-App, I still want to sample the engine ok?, Im just saying this so you do not think I want to give up on it xD

Engine I am using: Sonic Worlds 0.5 Spin Platform

Thx =)

Cleberson, do you mean the Combos from Sonic Generations (that have nothing to do with Homing Attacks) or variable voice samples when you use a Homing Attack?

Velho, por favor estuda mais um pouquinho de Inglês... nem tudo o que vc tá escrevendo é compreensível. Vocabulário e gramática ajudam muito no contexto e construção de frases.

Cleberson, do you mean the Combos from Sonic Generations (that have nothing to do with Homing Attacks) or variable voice samples when you use a Homing Attack?

Velho, por favor estuda mais um pouquinho de Inglês... nem tudo o que vc tá escrevendo é compreensível. Vocabulário e gramática ajudam muito no contexto e construção de frases.

Yea.

Maldito Google tradutor :smidge:

Yea.

Maldito Google tradutor :smidge:

Well, it ain't hard. Just compare for an alterable value on any object and use an instruction like random() to make a randomic value every time you trigger the Homing Attack. Then, compare for each value; for example:

1 = YEAH!

2 = HAH!

...and whatever.

GRANDE ERRO. JAMAIS use Google Tradutor pra escrever por aqui. Procure aprender mais gramática pra vc escrever sentenças completas sem muitos erros.

Well, it ain't hard. Just compare for an alterable value on any object and use an instruction like random() to make a randomic value every time you trigger the Homing Attack. Then, compare for each value; for example:

1 = YEAH!

2 = HAH!

...and whatever.

GRANDE ERRO. JAMAIS use Google Tradutor pra escrever por aqui. Procure aprender mais gramática pra vc escrever sentenças completas sem muitos erros.

Thx =)

Como uma garotinha lezada diria: OMG OMG OMG OMG aim sou souri, bem na proxima vou me esforçar xD

@cleberson: Sure thing, I'm still having a few issues with positioning, and I want it to work in a veeeeeery specific way, so wait a little bit more. :]

Tente escrever os detalhes avançados em português dentro de um spoiler, aqui na SFGHQ a gente tem a capacidade de ajudar na tradução. Eu, particularmente não sei muito, mais comprendo um pouco.

As for the random (aleatório) function in MMF2, it includes zero as a possibility, so random(5)'s range will not be 1~5, but 0~4 instead. If you don't want zeroes, use (random(x))+1.

In detail, you would use the random function to obtain a random number each time you do the homing attack. Then, simply add events to play X sound depending on the value. If you don't want the same sound to be played twice in succession, add an extra event that checks if the new random value is the same as the previously used one, and add/subtract 1 to it.

Ugh. That QTE bullshit. I'd personally recommend against it... since it makes no sense, adds nothing of value to the gameplay, and is just generally irritating, but I'll tell you the basics of how to do it anyway.

Well, basically you'll need some kind of trigger to enter that specialized jump mode (it's just another action really). You set the player's action state to a new value and have a secondary value called substate or something (which jump number the player is on). While in this state, you will show some (I'm guessing randomly selected) button cue to the player, which when pressed will set the y value to some negative value, play the requested audio file, and advance it to the next phase of the action with some kind of delay set before starting the next button queue.

Not entirely sure what you want to do with animations, but if you just figure out how to play with the action states, you'll already be more than half way there.

Ugh. That QTE bullshit. I'd personally recommend against it... since it makes no sense, adds nothing of value to the gameplay, and is just generally irritating, but I'll tell you the basics of how to do it anyway.

Well, basically you'll need some kind of trigger to enter that specialized jump mode (it's just another action really). You set the player's action state to a new value and have a secondary value called substate or something (which jump number the player is on). While in this state, you will show some (I'm guessing randomly selected) button cue to the player, which when pressed will set the y value to some negative value, play the requested audio file, and advance it to the next phase of the action with some kind of delay set before starting the next button queue.

Not entirely sure what you want to do with animations, but if you just figure out how to play with the action states, you'll already be more than half way there.

1 = YEAH!

2 = HAH!

...and whatever.

@cleberson: Sure thing, I'm still having a few issues with positioning, and I want it to work in a veeeeeery specific way, so wait a little bit more. :]

Tente escrever os detalhes avançados em português dentro de um spoiler, aqui na SFGHQ a gente tem a capacidade de ajudar na tradução. Eu, particularmente não sei muito, mais comprendo um pouco.

As for the random (aleatório) function in MMF2, it includes zero as a possibility, so random(5)'s range will not be 1~5, but 0~4 instead. If you don't want zeroes, use (random(x))+1.

In detail, you would use the random function to obtain a random number each time you do the homing attack. Then, simply add events to play X sound depending on the value. If you don't want the same sound to be played twice in succession, add an extra event that checks if the new random value is the same as the previously used one, and add/subtract 1 to it.

can make an example already in the Sonic Worlds 0.5 engine?, I really confused about this.

If no for an answer (What is more likely) an example compatible with Sonic Worlds 0.5, it would be good too.

@gsoft Do you speak Portuguese, I'm impressed! D: