A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Check out these videos I've made (updated with Sonic CD Trailer, Dead Rising)

Blyde

Hey everyone. I figured I'd post some of the stuff I've been up to, just to see how you guys like it.

The first one you've probably seen: it's a promotional video for the SSRG Hacking Contest that coincided with SAGE 2011. (Fun note: made over the course of two days.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhDBhBFfBns

The next one is a project I just recently finished, and it's a kind of conceptual animation that deals with breaking down objects into more basic forms and parts. (And it's set to Anamanaguchi - how fun!)

Hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what you think. And watch in 720p if you can. :)

• 1 month later...

New one! I mean, no one actually watched any of this stuff, but it's worth a shot. This here's a Sonic CD trailer. I entered it in the official fanart contest, hopefully it actually passes for their loose guidelines as art. They didn't say it CAN'T be a video! :D

Different one: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record trailer. I just reimagined it in a completely different style.

For reference,

Thanks guys!

I'm using a whole bunch of programs, pretty much the core standard for most motion designers:

- Illustrator for most of the vector work and the typography.

- Photoshop to retouch the vector stuff, to make style frames/storyboards, and other general stuff I can't do strictly in Illustrator.

- Cinema 4D for 3D modeling.

- After Effects is where I drop all this stuff in and turn it into a video. More involved than that of course :D

- and Audacity! For miscellaneous sound audio editing.

P.S. The audio isn't particularly great in the Sonic CD video but I needed to make the contest deadline. I was gonna work on it all last week, but I procrastinated...because I was playing Sonic Generations. Sonic procrastinated me from Sonic.

I really like these. The Dead Rising 2 video is LEAGUES better than the official video. Yours looks much more professional I think.

The Sonic CD video is wicked too, but instead of going to Quartz Quadrant after Eggman I'd have found a way to sneak it in before (or cut it). Still its very well done and again very professional looking.