A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Axiom game release thread

vexer

Minus a few graphical updates and some glitch fixes, I didn't notice many changes.

Honestly though, I never liked the S&K 1-up theme. There was already an original 1-up theme anyway so I don't see why it was replaced. Same with the Invincibility theme, I liked the old one better. The Act end music is also.. egh. I found the old version catchier.

As for glitches, the pillar glitch still occurred for me in Sandy Sinkhole Act 1 (first pillar). It never regenerated.

Hmm, was this ever fixed?

[qimg]http://i.imgur.com/yDu1n.png[/qimg]

Also, in some levels, reaching the goal as Super Knuckles let me jump around and create afterimages.

However, I've only played the SAGE 2011 version.

- When you clear Sandy Sinkhole Act 3, there are no numbers for the point catagories during the score tally.

Yep, I reported that one a while back and it was fixed. The Super Knuckles one actually happens with each character in Sandy Sinkhole Zone Acts 1 and 2. This one still occurs even with the newest versions and has never been fixed. :S

• 3 weeks later...

Hey sorry I have not been around in awhile. My computer had to be reformated and it took me awhile to get multimedia fusion back and working, also path for my ini's was changed which caused the saving problem.

Here is another update with working save files and other bugs stated above by Kitche-Sink fixed. ( the glitch with the goal posts still has not been fixed though as I have never been able to get it to happen to me or know what is causing it.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NW0VPSEA

I certainly admire how you're continuing to update the game long after its release. ^_^

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but the music stops completely when the underwater countdown begins. I don't know about you guys, but I actually find that to be scarier than the traditional drowning music. xD

Hi, guys. I downloaded the newest version of Sonic Axiom and decided to post some of the bugs I found, as well as some recommendations. If you haven't played through the game, I'd advise you not to read after this section, because most, if not all, of the bugs I list spoil the game in some way.

- This is a somewhat major bug – it is nearly impossible to transform when you collect all seven of the chaos emeralds! I’ve tried to do it with all three characters, with more than 50 rings in nearly every zone, but they won’t transform AT ALL! Somehow, I managed to transform as Sonic in Steel Station, Act 1, but I was unable to move and the spin dash trail still remained.

StuckDust.png

- The arrow in the “No Save” slot only appears when you press the “Z” key or the “Enter” key. However, if you reconfigure Button 1 (I like to change it to Spacebar), the arrow does not appear at all.

- After clearing the game, returning to the file select menu, and selecting a character’s save to play, you are able to select any zone to play. However, if you press “Down” at Sonic’s slot, “Up” at Knuckles’ slot, and “Up” or “Down” at Tails’ slot while selecting a zone to play, you will leave their slot, and the file select music will restart. Depending on which direction you press, the cursor will either highlight “No Save” or “Delete” instead of the respective slot above or beneath.

- If you highlight Sonic’s slot or the “No Save” slot, and press “Up” or highlight Knuckles’ slot or the “Delete” slot and press “Down,” the more times you press the respective direction, the more “ding” sound effects you will hear, and the more times you have to press that key to get above or below that slot. For example, if you highlight Sonic’s slot, and press “Up” six times, you will have to press “Down” six times in order to reach Tails’ slot below.

- You can pause the game while the score tally is going down, as well as during the final cutscene, after defeating the final boss, and while getting a chaos emerald. There is a screen below to demonstrate this.

- In Coastal Causeway Zone, Act 1, you start much further to the right.

- At the end of Neon Night Zone, Act 3, after hitting the flower generator, the characters will remain in their spinning animation instead of performing their act clear animation. Here is a screenshot of this:

SonicAxiom-NeonNight3PauseGlitch.png

- In the Neon Night Zone, after exiting the gimmick originally from Collision Chaos in Sonic CD that gives you points and then spits you out, sometimes while walking, you random “poof” up with the sound effect that plays when exiting accompanying it.

- In Riptide Relic, Act 3, the boss only takes one hit to defeat. Additionally, while fighting it as Tails, I started to fly in order to attack it, but I missed, got hit, and ended up on the other side of the boss, thus breaking the boss barrier. Out of curiosity, I jumped back over the barrier (which then fixed itself back to normal), but I was unable to move at all, and ended up dying. Here’s a screen of this:

Walkonthis.png

- In Riptide Relic Zone, Act 1, towards the end, if you hit the switch pictured, it will still make the sound effect of the pillars rising, even if they have already disappeared. Here is a screenshot of it:

SonicAxiom-SwitchSFX.png

- While Tails, sometimes after exiting a water tube and flying in Riptide Relic Zone, Tails will get stuck to the ceiling and will not be able to get down until he drowns, time expires, or he gets tired from flying.

- In Mineral Mine, Act 1, Knuckles does not initiate his full speed run (arms behind his back), and instead does his balancing animation in place of it. (I’d check every stage to be sure he runs correctly.) Here's a screenshot:

NofullrunforKnux.png

- In Mineral Mine, Act 2, there is a badnik that moves through mid-air and moves through walls, everything. I followed it, lol, and when it got to the left side of the stage, it changed direction and started going to the right. You can find here, on a path towards the top of the level:

Areayoullfindit.png

IncredibleFlyingBadnik.png

It's pretty weird, lol.

- In the Glacial Galaxy Zone, if you hit an Ice Freezer on the side instead of in the middle, it will still break and become black, but it will still be able to shoot ice. Here’s a screenshot of this:

IceMonitorbrokenbutstillfunctioning.png

- In Molten Meltdown, if you walk on top of this pipe, it will make the “psh” sound effect when you walk over a certain spot. Additionally, the characters do not walk on it properly. Here’s a screenshot of it:

Walkonthis.png

- In Molten Meltdown, Act 2, there is a badnik that walks through the spikes. Here’s a screenshot:

enemywalkthrough.png

- After defeating the boss, and then jumping to hit flower generator in Molten Meltdown, Act 3, the characters will disappear, and then reappear when doing their level clear animation.

- Sometimes when you have 50 rings and then get hit, Star Posts still have Special Stage sparkles over them. Sometimes, when you have less than 50 rings (or even more than 50 at times), Star Posts have Special Stage sparkles above them before you even hit them. Here is a screenshot:

BonusStageSparkleError.png

- While charging a spin dash or peel-out, and the character ends up moving, like on a moving platform, the character sprite moves, but the dust stays in the same position. Here are several instances of this:

SonicAxiom-SpinDashGlitch.png

SonicAxiom-SpinDashGlitch2.png

glitch2.png

glitch.png

- When you hit two of the same item box at the same time (like two 10-rings), you only get the effect of one.

- During the credits, the “End of Act Theme” still lists the origin of the level clear theme from the original SAGE release of Sonic Axiom instead of the current end of act theme (in this case, Sonic CD [JP])

These aren’t bugs, but here are some suggestions for the game:

- Add the required ring amount next to the rings you currently have in the Special Stage. Sometimes, I forget how many rings I need to have in a special stage, and the message at the beginning isn’t up for that long.

- The Special Stage results screen plays the end-of-act tune from Sonic 1. Maybe you could change it to the current end-of-act jingle from the main game so that it is consistent.

- The Sonic Worlds screen and the “Thank You for Playing” screen still have sprites from the older version instead of the newer shaded sprites.

- This is a minor nitpick, but I think the music changes get worse and worse with each new release. In my opinion, I think you should change the end-of-act theme to the previous one (the remix of the one from S3&K) and the 1-Up jingle to the one from S&K, just like the previous release. Hearing the Sonic CD [JP] level clear song just doesn’t feel right.

I'm really sorry for this post being very extensive, but I wanted to make sure vexer gets all of them.

Thanks for explaining how to activate super transformation, vexer! I love how you added that, because sometimes, I want to explore the levels without having to transform as soon as I get 50 rings. Well, I found some bugs more in the newest version:

- After the Sonic Worlds screen, it automatically throws you into Neon Night Act 3 as Sonic. After you beat it, then the disclaimer appears and the game plays like normal. But I ended up losing my save as Sonic, now with 0 Chaos Emeralds, and the last zone played was Steel Station! ;~;

EDIT: Oh, I just started playing through the game normally: After Neon Night Act 2, it skips straight to Steel Station Act 1, so the level order is out of whack.

- Also, there's no sound effect for moving from a save file (after beating the game and selecting a zone) by pressing "Up." There is for pressing "Down," however.

- The arrow in the “No Save” slot still only appears when you press the “Z” key or the “Enter” key. It does not appear if you reconfigure Button 1 to a different key.

- The music still restarts when you move away from a file while selecting a zone.

- In Neon Night Act 2, if you hit one of those spheres that make a glass breaking sound effect, it will cause the background to move very strangely. The pillars in the background above the grass will start moving.

- After hitting the flower generator at the end of Molten Meltdown Act 3, when the characters hit the ground, normally they start running and then do their level clear animation. However, they disappear when they are supposed to be running and then reappear doing their level clear animation.

- When pulling the string in the Machine Mayhem as Super Tails, the string changes colors.

- Super Knuckles has a very jerky falling animation. Additionally, he gets shorter when he runs at full speed.

- Super Knuckles has a jerky running animation when he is at full speed (arms behind his back) in the Mineral Mine Zone (both acts). It looks like an animation of him sitting something down is mixed in with the animation. Here's a screen:

SuperKnuckleshasajerkyrunninganimation.png

- In Mineral Mine Act 1, when you hit the springs that normally make you hit the springs pictured as any character in their super form, they will fly through the springs (not even activating them) and through the top of the wall, getting stuck. You can't go out at all without a time over or restarting the game. Here's another screen:

SuperTailsgotstuckuphere.png

- The crushers in the Mineral Mine Zone do not cause you to lose a life you stand under them. They will simply cause you to go through them. However, they do crush you if you're on top of them. I've noticed crushers in other zones do this too, so make sure you check them all out.

- The enemy in Glacial Galaxy that rolls on the ground and puffs ice does not die if you walk or run through it in your super form. The badnik with the pointed spike in Machine Mayhem only dies if you walk through it, not if you run through it. Check the enemies to make sure that they die when you walk through them in your super form.

- During the credits, there's no music credited for the file select music, and for the Riptide Relic Zone, it says "Raffaello9 YouTube" instead of "Raffeallo9 of YouTube."

- The floating badnik in Mineral Mine Act 2 still exists. I was exploring the level as Knuckles when I spotted it again in the same area as the screenshots in my previous post. It literally came out of thin air. :S

Sorry about the mixed up level order, I was testing something in Neon Night act 3 and moved it to the top. I have fixed this and most of the other bugs recently brought to my attention, except the following:

The music still restarts when you move away from a file while selecting a zone.

I am still working on this one.

- After hitting the flower generator at the end of Molten Meltdown Act 3, when the characters hit the ground, normally they start running and then do their level clear animation. However, they disappear when they are supposed to be running and then reappear doing their level clear animation.

This has never happened to me, but I made one change so hopefully it's fixed.

Here is the new link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?91xk0iawzxz8hqd

I found a few more bugs in the newest version.

- There's no sound effect for moving from a save file (after beating the game and selecting a zone) by pressing "Up." There is for pressing "Down," however.

- When you attempt to delete Sonic’s save file, the confirmation message will appear, and then disappear, and you cannot choose whether to delete it or not.

- During the credits, a few spelling errors are present: “Robotnick Sprites” should be “Robotnik Sprites,” “DJ Pretzee” should be “DJ Pretzel,” and “Machine Mayham” should be “Machine Mayhem.”

- This badnik from Mineral Mine Act 2 pictured in the screenshot does not move and frantically changes direction from left to right in this one spot.

SpazzingBadnik.png

EDIT: Every one of these badniks do this in Mineral Mine Act 2.

- Super Knuckles still does not perform his high-speed run correctly in Mineral Mine Act 2. It still has another animation mixed in with it, similar to the glitch with Super Tails’ waiting animation (which is described later in this post), and is non-existent in Act 1. Here is a screenshot if it:

StillbrokeninAct2.png

- In the Glacial Galaxy Zone, the wrong death sound plays, as well as the sound when you get hit with a shield over you. It plays the death sound from the original Sonic the Hedgehog when those two things occur, instead of being consistent with the rest of the game, which has the “attacked by spikes” sound played when hit with a shield over you, and the Sonic Advance series death sound when you die.

- When you hit the machines that spray ice in the Glacial Galaxy Zone as any character in their super form, it does not turn gray and break when you hit it, and instead stays the same way it does before you hit it. Here’s a screenshot where it has already been hit:

Brokenbutstillthesame.png

- In Machine Mayhem Act 3, by charging a powerful Spin Dash or Peel-Out and jumping over the battle arena, you can actually skip the Metal Sonic fight. However, the regular boss music will play for the rest of the stage. Not even the final boss music will cue.

- When getting crushed by the spiked crushers in the Molten Meltdown Zone, you still lose rings while the character’s dying sprite moves off the screen, similar to a Dimps-created Sonic game.

- About the Molten Meltdown Act 3 Flower Generator glitch, it is fixed as Sonic, but Tails and Knuckles still disappear after hitting the generator and reappear when doing their level clear animation.

- Super Tails’ waiting animation is choppy and glitchy. It has the sprites of his original waiting animation, as well as his newer one mixed together.

- Super Tails’ falling animation is choppy. The sprite will be high, and then it will sink lower. A good place to witness this is by using the transporters in the Glacial Galaxy Zone.

- Super Knuckles has a smaller, shorter, and different running animation than his original counterpart does. Here is a screenshot of it. He runs like this in every act.

Thisdifferentrun.png

- Some enemies do not die when you run through them in your Super form, such as the spiked Technosqueek in Machine Mayhem. Check to make sure they do in each zone.

- Super Tails’ Super Flickies sometimes do not hit enemies, such as the mosquitoes in Steel Station, the spiked tree badnik in Riptide Relic, and the ones in Machine Mayhem. Check to make sure they do in each zone.

- The final star post in Steel Station Act 2 put me on a platform below the star post instead of right next to the star post after exiting a Special Stage.

- This one was a bit strange, but I got hit by a flying enemy near the end of Glacial Galaxy Act 2, and one of the rings I dropped hit Sonic while he was doing his level clear animation, causing another Sonic to be created. I took a screenshot of this:

WeirdAct2glitch.png

- The character clone glitch still exists at the end of Sandy Sinkhole Acts 1 and 2. I know you said that you aren’t sure how this one is occurring, though. Here’s a picture from an older post to remind you of what it is. Again, to perform this one, simply jump after hitting the sign post in Sandy Sinkhole Acts 1 and 2 while the characters are doing their level clear animation. You can create an infinite amount of clones for as long as the score tallies.

bdmp9t.png

- This is probably me nitpicking about the smallest thing ever, please forgive me, but Sonic Axiom isn't spaced in its Window header. It's read as "SonicAxiom".

EDIT: I have probably just found the most interesting thing ever in this game. I am not sure if this is intentional, but there are some left over debug materials by pressing certain keys.

- Pressing "K" causes an explosion sound to be played for the rest of the act. It is VERY ear-grating.

- Pressing "N" causes the screen to no longer scroll when moving left or right, preventing further exploration. If you move too far out of the screen, you'll die.

- Pressing "J" will cause a shield to be formed around you. It's quite transparent, as it seems to behind objects in the background. When you walk through enemies and spikes, they do not harm you, cause the shield to become pink, and play a "clang" noise, just like the spiked tree badniks in Riptide Relic. I disabled everything by pressing a key, but I don't know which one did. :|

- Pressing "Q" will turn your current character into a weirdly shaped, multi-colored object. Nothing is affected gameplay-wise, and you can play through the stage as normal. This one seems to happen in Steel Station and Machine Mayhem.

EDIT 2: I've known this easter egg for awhile, but clicking the "W" on the Sonic Worlds logo makes a sound effect from Sonic Spinball play. What exactly does this do?

EDIT 3: There is a broken pipe in Steel Station Act 2. It does not take you anywhere after you break it, and you can stand on it.

BrokenPipeLocation-SS2.png

I'm not standing on it in the screenshot, but that's where it is.

Brokenpipeissupposedtotakeyou.png

And this is where it is supposed to take you. I had to backtrack to find its location. The wall next to the pipe is not solid, and you can walk inside of it, making the "pong" sound the pipe makes when you walk around in it.

EDIT 4: You can move while the title card is on the screen at the beginning of Sandy Sinkhole Act 2. Also, the boss in Riptide Relic takes a long time to explode after defeating it.

EDIT 5: Super Knuckles has a different animation compared to normal Knuckles when falling down the water slide (where the attacked animation plays) in the Riptide Relic Zone. Also, when you are in your super form underwater in Riptide Relic Act 1, the "ding" noise still plays and they can still use the air bubbles. However, they cannot drown. In Riptide Relic Act 2, this does not happen.

EDIT 6: There is a misplaced tile object thing in Steel Station Act 1. The red box is over it in the screenshot.

MisplacedPlatformthing.png

Also, this background object is misplaced in Neon Night Act 2. It is circled in the screenshot.

misplacedtile2.png

I'd check every background object in each stage to make sure they're placed properly. For the most part, they are, but you never know.

- Additonally, in the Steel Station Zone, you can actually run on the top of some of the bars you hang on. Here's a screenshot:

Runningonbars.png

- In the Riptide Relic Zone (Acts 1 and 2), Tails does not have a proper balancing animation when he is facing left. He runs in place instead of trying to balance himself.

- The Crawl badnik in Neon Night Zone does not explode if it moves into you while you are spin dashing, as seen in the screenshot below:

Badnikwontdie.png

Additionally, as Knuckles, nothing happens when you glide through this enemy. In Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, when Knuckles glides through a Crawl badnik, it explodes. Nothing happens here.

- After losing a life or returning from a Special Stage, the timer resets to 0:00 at a Star Post instead of the time where you moved past it. If you are near the end of a stage, this can be used to get a cheap 50,000 time bonus.

- When selecting a level after clearing the main game, when the "Select Level" picture with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles is showing and you press "left," it does not move left to the Machine Mayhem picture, but it still makes the sound effect when you are cycling through the zones.

- The clouds on the title screen do not loop properly after waiting for a couple of seconds.

- In Machine Mayhem Act 2, some of the Electric boxes with Dr. Robotnik in the middle don't make the electrocution noise. I ran past two towards the middle of the stage that didn't make the sound effect. I'd check both acts to make sure they all do, but for the most part, they do.

- At the end of Steel Station Act 1, there is a rhino badnik that moves through item boxes. Additionally, the flowers from the mosquito badniks do not land on the ground at all, and fall through the platforms. Also, Knuckles cannot glide through item boxes like he can in S3&K. Here is a screenshot:

ErrorsinSSZ1.png

- At the very beginning of Coastal Causeway Act 1, if you look to the left of where you start, you can see a part of the platform that is not covered by grass.

- In Neon Night Act 3, rings do not sparkle after you collect them. Check every level to make sure they do.

- When you defeat some enemies, instead of bouncing off of them and staying in the air, you head straight towards the ground. An example of this is the enemies that hang on the ceiling in the Mineral Mine Zone. It is not limited to them, however.

- There is no music credited for the file select theme.

EDIT 7: As Tails in Riptide Relic Act 3, I decided to fly in the air to avoid the boss. However, when I flew into the upper right hand corner, Tails became stuck in his hit animation, and then died since I could not control him. Afterwards, the level did not restart, so Dr. Robotnik was just moving around. I believe something is hidden in the upper right hand corner that damages the player. Here is a screenshot after I died:

RiptideRelicBossGlitchalsonofallinganimationfromspring.png

Also, when taking the secret path in Act 3, there is no falling animation after bouncing from a spring.

EDIT 8: I have discovered another glitch involving the spin dash/peel-out trail. When you are charging a spin dash or peel-out, and then get hit by something, the character will get hit like normally and move away, however, the trail will remain where you were charging it until you charge another one, making it disappear. Here are several instances of this:

GlitchinMM3.png

GlitchinMM2.png

GlitchinMM.png

Glitch7.png

Glitch6.png

Glitch5.png

Glitch4.png

It can happen anywhere where you can get hurt while charging a spin dash or peel-out.

Also, in Mineral Mine Zone and Glacial Galaxy Zone, when you are underwater, you cannot drown, there are not air bubbles, the "ding ding" sound while unerwater does not play, and the warning music does not play when the countdown starts.

• 4 months later...

I have made some more revisions to the game. The game now has an option to play with 2 players like in the classic games (Tails follows either Sonic or Knuckles and can be controlled by another player) as well as a other improvments and fixes. I find it plays pretty well although I had to make it so tails flys back to sonic pretty much right away because he disappears not far outside of the screen(the handle collisions outside of the window option slows the game down horribly). It is strongly recommened to use at least one usb game pad if you are going to play with two people.

The link is below:

https://rapidshare.com/files/3698067380/SonicAxiom.zip

A video showing the 2player mode is here:

http://youtu.be/stY13RESZVA

P.S. if any one is interested in seeing the level art that plays during the credits they can be found here:

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab299/vexer1000/Sonic%20Axiom%20level%20art/

That's so awesome, Vex! 2 Player looks like it adds an extra level of depth and polish. Why wasn't this game made a decade ago when I could enjoy playing with my older brother? xD

Did you program the 2 player system yourself, or did you borrow the code from someone else? I daresay that I could use something similar for my Freedom Planet project (specifically so that one of the bosses can share the player's physics).

Sweet! Another version of Sonic Axiom was released! I've been playing the game non-stop for hours today! I love the new level details and design changes, as well as the new character sprites and music! You've done such an awesome job, Vexer! I couldn't help but smile when I saw my name in the credits. I am happy to have been able to contribute to such an amazing project! For the next version you release, could you upload it to a different file sharing website? Rapidshare significantly decreased the speed of their downloads when MegaUpload closed down to drive away pirates. It took a grueling hour to download, when it should have taken around 3-5 minutes on my Internet connection.

I found more bugs in the game. Beware, if you have not ever played Sonic Axiom and wish to not be spoiled, you may not want to read past this sentence.

- THIS IS A REALLY BIG ONE! When you choose to play with two players as Sonic or Knuckles, TAILS DOES NOT APPEAR AT ALL! I’m a bit disappointed that this glitch exists, because this is something I was really looking forward to! :’(

- On the title screen, after you press Enter, you can still continue pressing it, and the ring sound will still play. The longer you keep pressing Enter, the longer it takes for the Data screen to appear, and the more the ring sound will play.

- When you select Sonic or Knuckles under “No Save,” the screen that appears afterwards, asking how many players you would like to play as, does not appear.

- When you clear the game as Tails, and choose any level from the level select, this screen then appears afterwards. This should never happen at any point during the game:

ErrorwithTails.png

- It is impossible to delete Sonic’s save slot. When you choose “Delete,” and then select Sonic’s slot, the confirmation message will hide under the static, and Sonic’s slot will return back to red. Normally, when the message appears to delete a save slot, the box will turn gold.

- The arrow under “No Save” only appears when you press “Z.” If you reconfigure your controls, such as with a game pad or other keys on the keyboard, the button you have as “Button 1” will not make the arrow appear.

- When you move away from a save file by pressing up or down (depending on which one you’re highlighting), the music will restart. When move away from “No Save” or “Delete,” the music remains the same and will keep going.

- When you choose to start a new game as Sonic in his slot, the picture to the left displaying the zone will appear lower than usual while Sonic is doing his animation and the number of Chaos Emeralds collected is shown. This also occurs when you choose to continue where you left off before clearing the game. This does not happen as Tails or Knuckles.

- On the file select, after clearing the game, you can choose any level you’d like. When choosing a level as Sonic, you can only move right, and cannot move backwards. As Tails, you can move forward and backward, however, there is no sound effect for moving backwards except for highlighting “Select Level,” which shouldn’t happened. Knuckles’ save slot is perfect.

- In Neon Night Act 2, you are always Knuckles, even if you choose Sonic or Tails.

- Nothing can harm Sonic in Steel Station Act 2. No badniks, buzz saws, electric fields, spikes, nothing.

- Sonic cannot grab onto the rails in Steel Station Act 3.

- At the beginning of Steel Station Act 2, as Knuckles, if you glide into the very first spring on the first conveyor belt, the music will stop, and no music will be cued for the entire act.

- In any underwater sections in the game, such as in Riptide Relic, Mineral Mine, and Glacial Galaxy, you can peel-out and travel full speed underwater. In Sonic CD, if you attempt to peel-out, the fastest speed you can get to is the normal running animation. Here is a screenshot of this:

UnderwaterPeel-out.png

- Sometimes in the Riptide Relic Zone, when you attempt to attack a Tree badnik from the top with a spin jump, or spin-dash into them, you will not hit it, and will get right in the middle of it and get hit.

- In the Riptide Relic Zone, when you get become invincible after the countdown underwater starts going down, the counter will stop on the number it is on, and will still be over you, until you breathe an air bubble. Here is a screenshot of this:

StoppedCounter.png

- In Sandy Sinkhole Act 3, the jump is very floaty, and it can be difficult to land a hit.

- After beating the boss and breaking the generator at the end of Sandy Sinkhole Act 3, you can move around while it is destroying. Normally, movement is automated and the characters will do their level clear animation.

- After defeating the boss in Sandy Sinkhole Act 3, you can backtrack to the beginning of the stage. Normally, you are unable to go back after defeating a boss.

- Tails cannot run on the water in Mineral Mine Act 2.

- In the Mineral Mine Zone, when you destroy the badnik that drops rocks on you from the ceiling, you can sometimes get hit by it even though you have destroyed it. I think it may be due to the rocks that it drops is sometimes in the explosion animation.

- In Glacial Galaxy Act 3, you start behind a background object.

- Some badniks have collision detection that move you down towards the ground instead of having you bounce off of them when you attack them with a spin jump, such as the flying badniks in Glacial Galaxy Zone, the bats on the trees in Molten Meltdown Zone, the green, spiked badnik in Sandy Sinkhole, and a few of the badniks that drop rocks in Mineral Mine Zone. Check to make sure you bounce off of every badnik when you destroy them.

- Some flower seeds fall very slowly when you defeat a badnik.

- Sometimes, a light-green colored diamond object will appear when transforming into your super form.

- There is a typo in the credits: Neon Night Zone by DJPretzeel from OCRemix should be Neon Night Zone by DJPretzel from OCRemix.

- This is just a minor gripe about a small detail, but shouldn’t it be night time in Sandy Sinkhole Act 3, since Act 2 now ends at night? This is similar to how the Splash Hill Zone Boss Act takes place during sunset, just like Splash Hill Act 3.

- At the end of Steel Station Act 3, there is a diamond at the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Here is a screenshot:

DiamondinSSZ3.png

- When you go through the now fixed pipe in Steel Station Act 2, you can jump/fly/glide into the wall next to the pipe. If you walk around, you can hear the *pong* sound effect that normally plays when entering and exiting the pipe. Here is a screenshot inside of the wall:

Stuckinwall.png

- In Steel Station Act 2, Knuckles will always get hit here, no matter if he is standing, or even crouching. Sonic and Tails are unaffected. I believe this moving platform should be lowered a bit. Here is a screenshot of this in action:

AlwaysHitHere.png

- In the Steel Station Zone, sometimes when you grab onto a pipe, the sound effect when grabbing it plays multiple times at the same time. Here is an example location where this can be experienced:

ExamplePipe.png

- In Sandy Sinkhole Act 2, if you jump after running past the sign post, multiple clones of your character performing their level clear animation can be created. This glitch has existed in earlier versions of the game, and is fixed in Act 1 of this version. Here is a screenshot of it in action. More clones can be created:

CharacterGlitch.png

- In Sandy Sinkhole Act 1, this item box is in front of this rock. Normally, items appear behind rocks. This is the only instance I’ve seen of this, but here is a screenshot:

SpringinfrontofRock.png

- In Riptide Relic Act 1, there is a part where a spring launches you into a long path of rings. I attempted to transform into Super Sonic, but Sonic got stuck in his transforming animation and kept falling back down to the spring in this screenshot. The only way to progress is to let the timer drown you and start over:

GotStuckTryingtoTransform.png

- While playing the game, I encountered this random stripe thing that appears in the background of two stages: Neon Night Act 2 and Mineral Mine Act 2. This stripe thing may appear in more stages, but this where I’ve seen them while playing the game, so be sure to look through every level:

Stripe1.png

Stripe2.png

- After bouncing from a spring and attempting to turn into Super Knuckles as Knuckles in the Mineral Mine Zone, he became stuck in midair and I was unable to move him at all. Here is a screenshot of this:

StuckinMid-air.png

- When you die as Super Knuckles (and possibly Super Tails), invincibility stars are created at the bottom of the screen and don’t move while your character falls out of the screen. I died by falling down a pit in Steel Station Act 2.

I'll update this post if I find more, but yep, this is what I've found. I'm definitely looking forward to the next revision! =)

Is the File missing?I can't download it....

Wow! Vexer may have removed the file. In that case, we can maybe expect another release soon. I downloaded the latest release, so if anybody would like it, I can provide a download link. I think it may be best to wait for the next release, because I did report that new the two-player mode implemented did not work at all.

Hi there vexer, glad to see you are improving your game.

I just started up the latest mediafire download version of axiom, and i start at steel station. Don't know if it's just me but I can't get to the menu at startup because it sends me right to steel station everytime I do start it up.

There was also a strange bug that happened in the steel station level. After a special stage i reapeared at the capsule(the thing you gotta crash after the boss), skipping the boss and after that, instead of progressing, I went straight to the first level of the game.

I... I is confused man

I just started up the latest mediafire download version of axiom, and i start at steel station. Don't know if it's just me but I can't get to the menu at startup because it sends me right to steel station everytime I do start it up.

There was also a strange bug that happened in the steel station level. After a special stage i reapeared at the capsule(the thing you gotta crash after the boss), skipping the boss and after that, instead of progressing, I went straight to the first level of the game.

Jwiwo is right! As soon as you start the game, Steel Station Act 2 is loaded immediately. The Sonic Worlds screen nor the disclaimer are shown. After clearing the stage, the Sonic Worlds and Disclaimer screens appear, and the game flows normally. However, Steel Station Act 2 is skipped after clearing Act 1, and you are thrown straight into Act 3.

Another thing that occurs during the game, as Jwiwo mentioned, happens when you teleport into a Bonus Zone in Steel Station Act 2. After you clear the Bonus Zone, you are dumped into the end of Steel Station Act 3 (with a magical score of 430 points) near the flower generator. After you break the flower generator and clear the stage, you are taken to Riptide Relic Act 1, and presumably, the game flows as normal. I haven't tried the star posts in any other Zones to see if they do the same thing.

Also, regarding Tails, I am so happy to finally have him follow Sonic and Knuckles! It was a fun playthrough, but I feel he respawns WAY too often. I did read that you made him do this on purpose because of the game slowing down tremendously if he is off the screen for too long. Not a bad sacrifice, then. ;)

Here are more bugs I have found while playing through the game again. Some of them I may list again from my previous list from the last release because they still have not been fixed. There are some pretty major, gamebreaking bugs in this list. Again, if you wish to not be spoiled, do not read past this sentence.

- When Tails spin-dashes, the sound effect plays multiple times at once, and if you let him do it for too long, it will stop ALL the music for current Act, and no music will be cued for the rest of the Act. Additionally, when I restarted the game, the music did not play for Steel Station Act 2 either. I had to close the game and boot it back up. This is similar to the Knuckles spring glitch I listed for the last release.

- In Coastal Causeway Act 3, you start behind the boss, making it a clear shot to the flower generator. You should start at the beginning of the level.

- The pillars in the background of Neon Night Zone (Acts 2 and 3, possibly 1) move weirdly.

- Tails appears behind the flowers instead of in front of them at the end of Neon Night Act 3.

- In Mineral Mine Act 2, you start in the middle of the level before you run on the water. You should start at the beginning.

- In the Riptide Relic Zone, the drowning music does not play for Sonic or Knuckles if you have Tails following you. However, the counter will appear, and the music will stop. For some reason, when I almost ran out of air at the end of Riptide Relic Act 2, the drowning music started playing, but no timer appeared above my head.

- When Tails is respawning by flying back down to you in Riptide Relic and Mineral Mine Zones, the water effect from jumping out of the water will appear (he is in the air, nowhere near the water), and the sound effect that plays will also take effect.

- Tails will sometimes get stuck in walls on his way down when is he respawning. When underwater in the Riptide Relic Zone, he will sometimes get stuck in walls while swimming down to you.

- In Sandy Sinkhole Act 3 (which now takes place at night :ssmile:), the background while fighting the boss scrolls incorrectly, and is actually in front of the mountains, when it should behind them. It is perfectly fine before the fight.

- A cool thing (no pun intended) I think you should add is the ability for Tails to break you out of ice when you get frozen in Glacial Galaxy, similar to the Ice Cap Zone in S3&K.

- The Riptide Relic boss will keep exploding indefinitely unless you move to the right.

- You can move around while the flower generator is exploding in Sandy Sinkhole Act 3. Normally, movement is automated and the character will do their clear animation. This also happens in Molten Meltdown Act 3.

- The flowers after clearing Glacial Galaxy Act 3 do not land on the ground.

- This is a strange one. While I cruising through Glacial Galaxy Act 2 as Sonic with about 35 rings, I hit a yellow spring, and he randomly transformed into Super Sonic.

- There are still spots in Steel Station Act 1, such as the beginning, where the sound effect when you get on a pole plays multiple times at once.

- Super Sonic (and possibly other characters) cannot destroy the machines that spew ice in Glacial Galaxy Act 2, specifically the one at the end before a 1-Up.

- The sound effect that plays when the terrain is breaking plays at the beginning of Machine Mayhem Act 3, even though nothing there should cause it to play.

- Some obstacles won't crush you and cause you to lose a life, such as the yellow moving platforms in Steel Station, and crushers in Molten Meltdown and Machine Mayhem. You simply go through, and end up on top of them.

- In Riptide Relic, when you go on the spring I described in the Super transformation glitch in the last release, you transform when you hit the spring at the bottom, I believe, but I was trying to spin dash, and he ended up spin-dashing while going up the spring again. When I transformed, the counter before you drown was still above my head.

- After you defeat the final boss and attack Robotnik one last time, while he is going down, Tails will do his bored animation while Sonic continues to stand, although he has been standing long enough to do his too.

- No one can activate this pullstring in Machine Mayhem Act 1, I believe. When you go to pull it, you will just keep running and nothing will happen. Here is a picture of its location. Tails pulled it for me, though:

SuperSonicwillnotactivatethispullstring.png

- Super characters will not destroy the Poindexter badnik in Machine Mayhem Zone by simply running into it.

- Many flowers do not land on the ground, and instead land in the air, inside of platforms, etc.

- It is much harder to hit the Riptide Relic boss. Sometimes when a hit shoud connect, it doesn't. The hit box on this boss should definitely be improved.

- The jump on the Sandy Sinkhole Act 3 boss is VERY floaty. It can be difficult to land a hit because of this. The jumping before the previous version was much better.

- The hanging badnik in the Steel Station Zone causes you to drop to the ground instead of bouncing off of it.

Here are bugs that have still not been fixed from the last release:

- Sonic's save box still does not delete properly.

- Sonic can peel-out full speed underwater:

UnderwaterPeel-out.png

- You can can get hit by simply standing or even crouching as all three characters in the location on this photo of Steel Station Act 2. This moving platform needs to be lowered:

AlwaysHitHere.png

- Knuckles still freezes in mid-air when attempting to transform in Mineral Mine Zone after bouncing off of a spring:

StuckinMid-air.png

- This spring is layered incorrectly. It should be behind the rock, not in front of it:

SpringinfrontofRock.png

- You can still create multiple clones of your character by simply jumping after running past the sign post at the end of Sandy Sinkhole Act 2. This has existed in every release of Sonic Axiom since SAGE, and was just fixed in Act 1 of the previous release:

CharacterGlitch.png

That's it for my extensive list. More bugs were posted by a user on Sonic Retro, so be sure to check those out!

Man, vexer must be having a tough time with this. The more he tries to fix the glitches and improve the game, the more glitches appear .-.

Anyway, it's good to know you're working hard to improve your game like that. Good luck with fixing the glitches.

Uhh... Playing through as Tails... Guuhh...

Not to sound negative, but I'm constantly asking myself "The fuck is wrong with this game?"

The first level, I broke a rolly tube and spent 5 minutes trying to get out...

Second Zone. Boss is almost challenging, but it seems a little... Bland... The bombs always go straight down and nothing special really happens. For such huge bombs, the explosions aren't very impressive. Perhaps scaling the sprite, or just using a bigger one?

Wow I can't believe all the mistakes that were found. I have yet again fixed most of the bugs Kitchen-Sink posted (some have never occurred for me like the sonic file delete thing). Hopefully there are no more game breaking bugs because this is getting ridiculous.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cxh7dktd73z8ai7

EDIT 2: (5/17/2012): Vexer, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can't spin-dash AT ALL in the latest release! I have tried in several zones, but nothing will happen if you press down + Button 1. All of the characters can roll on the ground by pressing down while moving, but cannot spin-dash. Solo or with Tails, no character can spin-dash, not even Tails as a partner. This must be fixed!

EDIT 3: (5/22/2012): Steel Station Act 2 runs really slowly as Knuckles and Tails together. I haven't checked to see if it does this as any other character combinations. This is a strange one.

Steel Station Act 2 runs fine on my computer although I do get a slow down in Molten Meltdown act 2, which I tried to fix as best I could.

I have had no problem on my computer doing the spindash either with the keyboard or a gamepad, so I don't know what could be causing that but I did fix the Tails level select glitch and updated my link so maybe it will work again in this version.

I use 16-22, and it sounds fine. Sounds like you'd expect from a Genesis styled game anyway.

And you do realize that the human ear can't perceive a huge difference between 22 and 44KHz, right? But anything above 44 is absolutely worthless because the only thing that will notice is a computer.

I, personally, don't mind the game's 139MB size. I like how everything is together in one convenient application, without multiple folders and other files that bloat other games. I'd download the game even if it was 500MB, because it's so fun! Besides, the music in this game is amazing, and a decrease in quality AT ALL would be a terrible thing.

Okay, now on to the game itself. This release was definitely a lot more playable than the previous two releases because there weren't as many major bugs that stood in the way of finishing the game. However, there are some gamebreaking bugs that exist in this version too, but there are fewer than the previous version.

- If you press "Q" in Steel Station Act 2, you will transform into this. You are unable to get hit. If you lose a life, you will return to normal:

PressingQinSteelStation.png

- The spin-dash sound glitch with Tails still exists in Machine Mayhem Act 2.

- At the beginning of Machine Mayhem Act 3, the sound effect that plays when terrain breaks will play. There is nothing in the stage that makes this sound effect, and it has not done this at all before the two-player update.

- When Super Sonic is climbing on the poles in Steel Station while facing left, one of his frames are much higher than the rest of them. Check to make sure every character doesn't do this (super forms included).

- Also, when Super Sonic (and possibly other characters) grabs onto a pole, the sound effect will play multiple times at the same time, sounding like a buzzing sound.

- As Tails is flying in the air from respawning in the Riptide Relic and Mineral Mine Zones, the splash effect from jumping out of the water appears on top of the water, even though he is not touching it. It also plays the sound effect, and it can sometimes be glitchy.

- If you glide into a spring that is facing left or right as Knuckles, the sound effect will play more than once at the same time. If you do this long enough, it will stop all of the music in the stage, and no music will be cued.

- When Tails is following you, and you have him go into a zoom tube in Coastal Causeway, Riptide Relic, or Molten Meltdown Zones, the spinning sound effect made while inside of it will play multiple times at the same time.

- When you get off of the water slide towards the beginning of Riptide Relic Act 1, you will start walking backwards indefinitely when you get into the water, unless you jump or brake.

- In Riptide Relic Act 1, the super transformation glitch on the spring that leads you up with several rings underwater still exists somewhat. There is a different scenario for each of the three characters:

Sonic: As Sonic, when you hit the spring, Sonic will transform, but be in the spin-dashing animation. He will eventually get out of it, and you can continue as normal.

Tails: Tails will alternate between his standing and transforming animations, but will eventually break out of it and continue as normal. One animation will be higher than the other.

Knuckles: Knuckles has the most glitchy thing happen to him. Knuckles will remain stuck in his transforming animation until the countdown ends and "drowns" you. However, Knuckles does not drown, and instead the super music will start playing, and he will become unstuck and change into the springing animation. Knuckles will be super, however, he does not flash like his super counterpart is supposed to.

- On the Sonic Worlds screen, the shine on Sonic's forehead flashes between to shades of white. This is different compared to the in-game level clear animation.

- There are typos on the disclaimer shown at the beginning. The letter "q" is where the letter "g" should be in the words "registered" and "belong." They are spelled as "reqistered" and belonq." I noticed this when I restarted the game once and read it. Here is a screenshot. "q" is boxed and "g" is circled.

TyposinDisclaimer.png

- While I was above the ground in Riptide Relic Act 2, Tails drowned while he was still underwater. However, when he respawned, he was stuck in the air with his swimming animation flashing. He would still follow you, but he would not come down. He could also still get hit. This slowed down the game tremendously, to the point where it was nearly unplayable. I had to restart the game. Here is a screenshot of this bizzare glitch:

Tailscamebackdoingthis.png

- Knuckles still freezes in mid-air in the Mineral Mine Zone when attempting to transform after bouncing off of a spring. Here is a screenshot for reference. He cannot move at all, and will be stuck in mid-air just like in the screenshot. You have to wait for time to run out:

StuckinMid-air.png

- Tails, even as Super Tails, will never run on the water at full speed during Mineral Mine Act 2. He will always fall in the water, just like in the screenshot. This glitch has never existed before the two-player update:

Tailswillalwaysfallinthewaterinsteadofrunningonit.png

- At the beginning of Riptide Relic Act 3, I started spin-dashing, and so did Tails, but he started moving around in the air while spin-dashing. Several sound effects started playing as he did this, including the ice breaking sound from Glacial Galaxy (which made him stop doing this), and sound effects from hitting and destroying a boss. This actually killed the boss, so I didn't have to fight it. Here is a screenshot of this glitch:

RiptideRelicbug.png

- Spin-dashing and jumping in Sandy Sinkhole Act 3 will cause the boss to take hits, even when you are not fighting it. If you do this long enough, the boss will be destroyed without even fighting it.

- In Sandy Sinkhole Act 3, the lower stars in the background are over the mountains.

- In Riptide Relic Act 3, Tails's tails are not behind him properly.

- Also in Riptide Relic Act 3, the small bubbles that your character breathes do not appear while underwater in Riptide Relic Act 3. The camera scrolls a bit lower than usual after clearing this act, as well.

- Tails will sometimes get stuck in the wall while respawning back to you.

- You can still create multiple clones of your character at the end of Sandy Sinkhole Act 2 by jumping. Here is a screenshot of it:

CharacterGlitch.png

- While I was pulling this string in Machine Mayhem Act 1, Tails randomly got into a ball in mid-air and wouldn't come down. He will still follow you, but won't come down. When Tails got hit by an enemy, he changed into his attacked animation, but wouldn't get out of it. Until I destroyed the enemy, the death sound would continue to play when Tails got hit. He eventually came down near an elevator. Here are screenshots of this scenario:

TailsRandomlystartsfloating.png

Tailsrandom.png

- You don't stand directly on all of the platforms that move up and down in Machine Mayhem. You are either floating a bit above it or below it. Here are screenshots:

neveractuallyon2.png

neveractuallyon.png

- When Tails is following you and underwater, the small bubbles that you breathe will float out of the water in Riptide Relic, Mineral Mine, and Glacial Galaxy. Here is a screenshot:

ThebubblesTailsbreathewillalwaysgoinair.png

- In the Steel Station Zone, if you roll or spin-dash and then jump onto a pipe, you will either stop completely on the pipe and be unable to move until you press down to fall off, or you will move very slowly until you come into a complete stop, unable to move fast enough into your running animation.

- When Tails is riding the elevator in Machine Mayhem, his Tails will appear on the outside of the elevator sometimes.

- This spring is layered incorrectly. It should be behind the rock, not in front of it:

SpringinfrontofRock.png

- You can can get hit by simply standing or even crouching as all three characters in the location on this photo of Steel Station Act 2. This moving platform needs to be lowered:

AlwaysHitHere.png

- When you walk through the Poindexter and spiked tree badniks while super, they won't be destoyed.

- When you destroy the red Splats and dragonfly badniks in Sandy Sinkhole, as well as the bouncing badnik in Neon Night, you do not bounce off of it, and will fall to the ground.

- While transforming into Super Knuckles in the Sandy Sinkhole Zone, Knuckles turned into a diamond while transforming.

- Flowers do not land on the ground after clearing Sandy Sinkhole Act 3.

- Flowers sometimes fall VERY slowly, and land inside of platforms, in mid-air, etc.

- A machine that sprays ice did not turn gray after I destroyed it in Glacial Galaxy. Make sure they all do.

- I lost a life by simply touching the bottom of a crusher in Molten Meltdown, even though I did not get crushed at all. When Knuckles and Tails were falling, they also magically got shields around them.

- This isn't a glitch, but a suggestion to something that could be added. Whenever you die and restart at a checkpoint, the timer resets, and if you are close to the end of the level, this can easily make you get time bonuses that normally shouldn't be achievable in some levels. My suggestion is to maybe either lower or set the time bonus to zero if you clear a level in an unfeasable time after dying.

Well, that's all I found while playing through the game again.

EDIT 1 (5/15/2012): I found another glitch in the latest two-player release of Sonic Axiom.

As Tails, if you select Mineral Mine via the stage select after clearing the game as him, this screen will appear, even though it is not supposed to. This does not occur when you select any other zone.

ErrorwithTails.png

Also, Tails's space between his eyes on the Sonic Worlds screen flashes two different colors, just like Sonic's forehead shine. This does not occur on the file select nor after clearing a stage.

EDIT 2: (5/17/2012): Vexer, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can't spin-dash AT ALL in the latest release! I have tried in several zones, but nothing will happen if you press down + Button 1. All of the characters can roll on the ground by pressing down while moving, but cannot spin-dash. Solo or with Tails, no character can spin-dash, not even Tails as a partner. This must be fixed! Oops, well, maybe this was a one time thing. I can can spin-dash just fine using my keyboard and Xbox 360 Controller for Windows. :3

EDIT 3: (5/22/2012): Steel Station Act 2 runs really slowly as Knuckles and Tails together. I haven't checked to see if it does this as any other character combinations. This is a strange one. Nevermind, this was a one-time one too. Perhaps, it was my laptop that day. ;P

EDIT 4: (5/26/2012): Well, I see you've uploaded a newer version with some bugfixes. I'm downloading it now, and will create a new post detailing any new glitches I find.