A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Enlarged, Pixel Art version of this?

Delta Hedgehog

Yep, It was made by one of the guys behind SonicXG. (Euan or Nitemare).

TITLEANI.gif

I seriously doubt it is usable due to the fact it is still being used in RetroSonicNexus anyway. So my guess it is was never for public use.

RSTitle.png

Seen here.

I tried searching long ago for a public usable version of this in many MANY websites. I found nothing.

Retro Sonic NeXG (Retro Sonic Nexus) is sadly canceled. It was announced on Sonic Retro a few weeks ago when Sonic CD iPhone was revealed. For all I know, Euan might happily lend out his assets at this point.

And now I am sitting here thinking why oh why isn't the date April01 =/. Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea. I don't visit retro much.

Yeah I'm not trying to copy that myself.

Just saying using the poses from end games and titles like these might help.

Another I find make sthings easier. Is draw it out with a tablet or scan it in then pixel over your drawing. Then go back and smooth everytihng out. Works for me.

Yeah I'm not trying to copy that myself.

Just saying using the poses from end games and titles like these might help.

Another I find make sthings easier. Is draw it out with a tablet or scan it in then pixel over your drawing. Then go back and smooth everytihng out. Works for me.

That is precisely what I do :3. It does work well.

This shouldn't be too hard. If you can find some images that look like they'd work where you want them, just get all the assets you need and find a program with layers. Spend some time cutting and shifting until you get it right. Then it's just a job of making everything fit, which I will admit im pretty terrible at too. Too lazy.

I recommend Graphicsgale for anything dealing with sprites.

After studying both the original pixel art and the XG art, I made a 100% original outline with the brush tool in paint. Looks like shit, but then again, it isn't finished. I added the color of the colors using the colors already in the paint tablet.

baseforpixelart.png

Please ignore the fact that they have no eyes, noses, or mouths, remember, it's just an outline.

Edit eyes, noses, and smiles/frowns. Also fixed some shit.

baseforpixelart-1.png