A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Question about the ME (Music Engine)

Appo

I think i'm doing this right :S I replaced the 'Level1-1' music but it doesn't loop correctly, so I went down to the 'Cache' group and saw in the 'On loop "play_music.5"' event that it has 'Set Loop_Start 12000' and 'Set Loop_End 120000' I'm guessing i would have to change these values? If so what would be the best way to find a good point for the song to loop? Also what do the numbers represent? For example does the 12000 mean 1.2 minutes?

Yes, you have to change these values.

For instance, 12000 represents 12 seconds. So, for example, 88360 represents 1m28s360ms.

A good program to check where it starts or ends is in Audacity 1.3 Unicode. Just change the time display on the lower bar to mm:ss:ms (with 3 digits after the seconds).

• Like 1

Oh, i also have questions about the Music Engine.

Do we have to always use Wave files for music? And how do i make the wave files small without losing much quality?

i use .ogg format by using winlame to convert mp3's , the files are much smaller and still sound like the original mp3