A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ink's Sprites & Whatever

Ink

OMG It's me.

Been fiddling around with my spritesheet of my various characters again (been roughly a year since the last time, sheesh). I can't draw, but I can sprite reasonably. So. Yesterday I decided to design Ink's "super" form (yeah yeah shut up).

spritesheet_07-11-2011.png

Cinossu was a big help with the aura. I had contemplated some sort of aura but was stumped as to where to start, but voila!

I updated Ink's regular sprite, too. One of these days I'll get around to re-doing it. Parts of it bug me. (ideas are welcome)

In other news, my Sonic Bootlegs series.

SonicPolishPickle_point_1.gifSonicPolishPickle_thumbsup_1.gifSonitailsTheCavityFightingCatThing_.gifBlingTheHedgehog_ani_1.gifAnynameTheBirthdayhog.gif

SonicPolishPickle.pngObamaTheWizardhog.png

AnynameTheBirthdayhog.pngInvertTheHedgehog.png

SonitailTheCavityFightingCatThing.pngBlingBlingTheGangstaHedgie.png

• Like 1

An... urinal? Interesting.

The eyes from that... thing in the pickle jar... They're really creepy ._.

I remember seeing that obama backpack, but I never saw that bootleg t-shirt, haha.

Nice work you got there.

Yeah, a urinal. There was this Tiny Chao Garden sprite of Sonic that for me looked so much like he was taking a leak that I made the urinal to go with it. Hence it's scaled a bit bigger than normal Advance sprites. I had it as my sig here years ago, and someone commented he'd been peeing for an awfully long time, and edits ensued.

sonic_urinals_1.gifsonic_urinals_1_uhoh_1.gifSepEdit_peesonic.gif

My favorite by far is the last one, done by Sep. It's such a bad joke that it's great.

I might do a smaller version at some point for kicks.

And yeah, the Picklehog, as I call him, he looks like he's high or something.

Thanks, you're very kind. :tgrin:

(on a related note, I also made the Advance sprite-derived emoticons used on this forum, years ago. :3 )

That Pickle Sonic dude is scary :S

Looks like it should contain Cannabis, Cus I think he's been smoking it xD

I know, right!

And they are still awesome.

:kulock::rlan::smidge:

=Smidge=

@Ink: It was you? Ha-ha' date=' that was a whoosh of nostalgia right there. I agree with Smidge. They're still awesome. Given a bit over used though sometimes. xD[/quote']

Aw, you guys are sweet, but I didn't do the persona ones! I meant this set:

:ssleep::squestion::smad::scool::ssmile::tstare::tsleep::tgrin::tbored::asmile::asweatdrop::awink::adead::ahuh: et cetera

^^;

Hmm. The original Sonic sprite's hand was that big (where he points, the Sonic Advance 3 waiting animation, I believe), but I'll give it a go anyway.

Edit:

How's this?

BlingBlingTheGangstaHedgie_detail2.png

Compared to original:

BlingBlingTheGangstaHedgie_detail.png

And then I realized I had a coloring discrepancy on the hand on his hip.

Fixed:

BlingBlingTheGangstaHedgie_detail3.png

Comparison time:

BlingBlingTheGangstaHedgie.pngBlingBlingTheGangstaHedgie2.png

Ta-da!

BlingTheHedgehog_ani_1-1.gif

Hmm. Something still seems off a little. I'll mess with it when I get home from the movies this afternoon. I think it's the third to last frame, the hand size gets weird.

BӏazefireLP: More? Like more bootleg characters, you mean? I have a collection of bootleg pictures just waiting for my attention!

DNL: Yay, thanks. :tgrin:

I would like to see you try some poses for real characters though.

Eh' date=' by the time you go through all the Advance games, there's just about every pose you could ever want already there. If I come up with any ideas, though, I'll post them here.

I think you need to insert a new frame in third place, his arm goes up too fast, Comes down alright but its like it just appears :/

I'll give that a go, thanks. :ksmile:

I know what the problem is, and it's to do with the inbetween frames. The last frame you've added is unfortunately in the wrong place in my eyes. What you need is an inbetween frame before the frame where OGSonic's hand returns to its resting position.