A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Looking for a 3D modeler.

Nemox

So I've made quite a bit of progress on this 3D fangame as of late, and I'm now to the point of incorporating split-screen multiplayer. However, this is rather pointless if there aren't actually more characters to play with.

Here's the last video I actually made of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GH2fR4UFo0

(Yes, I know I show this video around ad-nauseum... I'll get around to making a new one after some graphical stuff and some new characters)

I do have a whole set of Sonic Heroes' playable characters, UV-mapped at least fairly well. But due to a new plan I have for future characters, all characters must have matching UV maps and armatures.

As I'm working on a great deal of scripting, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help out by re-assembling all these characters.

Each one needs to be skinned to a copy of the universal armature I've set up, and its UV map must be re-done to match the universal layout I've made.

Then, each character's textures must be baked from the old UV map to the new one.

Preferably, this should be done in Blender, but any program should work fine as long as it exports to a format that Blender supports.

Thanks for your time. I hope someone is interested!

Rather than having people go to some long drawn out effort for some feature you plan on implementing when the pieces fall together, why not simply make the split screen multiplayer with placeholders? Besides, if push comes to shove you can always just make it yourself. UV-mapping things isn't that difficult. Also, there's no reason you can't just fall back from 'all these characters' to 'this small group of three or so characters'.

Rather than having people go to some long drawn out effort for some feature you plan on implementing when the pieces fall together, why not simply make the split screen multiplayer with placeholders? Besides, if push comes to shove you can always just make it yourself. UV-mapping things isn't that difficult. Also, there's no reason you can't just fall back from 'all these characters' to 'this small group of three or so characters'.

Ah, didn't mean to suggest that the characters were actually necessary, but having somebody help out and polish characters more quickly would simply be more helpful. I could eventually do it myself, but it might be a long time before I actually get to it. This is simply to speed up the process.