A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

2 New Sonic Before The Sequel trailers

Dont squabble over the graphics too much, Lake. You've gotten farther in this game than most people get overall before they decide to flat-out quit. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo. Brought me back to the days when fangames actually had a bit more than a level test worth of content to them.

The backgrounds are very nicely done, and i love the transitions, they add a nice ring to the game. It feels like you put alot of work into them. Tails' stage did seem to overcrowd my senses a bit, but i was pretty looking so i didnt mind.

Flash videos are a nice plus. Quick, to the point, advances the story within the minute and puts you back in the game.

Level design? The first stage felt pretty empty, but after i finished it completely (after you get to the rainy part) im guessing you just put it in there as a fun area to run around in. I also enjoy the amount of varied terrain to run around in. Had fun with the swirly thingies in the rock zone.

The boss was pretty neat too. It was simple, but gave enough of a challenge to keep me happy, and the parallax gave a nice effect to the whole thing. The sprite was kind of odd, but honestly, it's overlook able.

Overall, i think you're definitely on the right track. In my opinion, nothing in that demo was worth you backtracking at this point -- keep going forward. I would love to see this finished. Once its done, you can go back and nitpick.

i know about the boss's graphics, i'll try to make them better, but later.

well, i have already revisited HillTop Heights and added badniks and more detail to the zone but it still have its free running areas

Also those free runing areas may help the player got used to the new running animation, or not... i hope so

Ok, i will go forward with this.

I never give up on my projects :D