A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Need help.

I have this really bad problem with my game that I'm making. I'm making it from scratch, and don't want an engine, unless its only the basics. No stage, just a platform with Sonic (Or Silver) on it. I want just this, because I want to make it my own. Now, onto the problem, I've scripted most of what I need for Sonic actions, however, when he crouches (This part is fine) then stands up (This part is fine) and then jumps, he gets stuck in the air, and can move around like he's on a platform. Any help with this is much appreciated. Here;s a link to it, for reference. ALSO, if your wondering what I mean, just do this: Press down, release the down key, and press up. By the way, if you're gonna fix this (Then you're really nice) the please don't add anything extra. Just fix the problem, and that's it. Thanks to anyone with a big heart. Also, this is completely optional, if anyone has a Silver character, could you please add it into the game. I couldn't find one.

My game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nf7942683j9kr7s

I swear on everything I have in this world that this is no joke. No spam, just a simple MMF2 document. Anyone who helps is really nice =D.

Built in movement in MMF2 is quite a bad way to go in terms of a fan-game engine. You should code the engine itself, X and Y axis.

To do the movement "without floats":

Set Xposition "Active" to Xposition "Active" + AlterableValueA.

Alterable value a can be named something like Xspeed/X_vel or something

"Active" is the default name for an object, should probably be called, Mask, Player, Mainsensor. Something like that.

You can then control the said value of AlterableValueA and make it move only on it's X axis.

Just repeat this process for the Y axis and you should be good to go. Assuming you know how to edit and change Alterable Values.

Built in movement in MMF2 is quite a bad way to go in terms of a fan-game engine. You should code the engine itself, X and Y axis.

To do the movement "without floats":

Set Xposition "Active" to Xposition "Active" + AlterableValueA.

Alterable value a can be named something like Xspeed/X_vel or something

"Active" is the default name for an object, should probably be called, Mask, Player, Mainsensor. Something like that.

You can then control the said value of AlterableValueA and make it move only on it's X axis.

Just repeat this process for the Y axis and you should be good to go. Assuming you know how to edit and change Alterable Values.

Thanks for the information, except, I have no clue how to this. Hopefully when I look into the events section, I'll be able to figure it out. Thanks anyway.

Before I forget, why is the character doing this? I mean, I checked everything, and cannot figure out why its happening. And I cannot figure out what to do. I feel like using an engine, but every engine I find has got a bunch of fancy stuff. *Sighs* if only there was one that had only the basics. No test level, just a platform with Sonic (OR SILVER!) on it. And everything scripted down. That way all that's left to do is add in the finishing touches.

I mean, every engine I find has this fancy symbol stuff, and monsters and bla bla bla. All I would like is the basic stuff.

Like Criseg said, it's just a glitch in MMF2's engine; it wasn't specifically designed to handle a Sonic game, so it won't work properly with every idea you come up with.

Really, your best bet is to learn to program. I would recommend start with a tutorial like this one; very simple, but a good place to start. And the more you learn, the more the advanced stuff will make sense. Good luck.