A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Dissidia 2, ANOTHER NAME WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT

shadowgoten

So the game is out now in some channels, and many of us are already playing, so here's a thread for us to swoon over the game like the little girls that we become with shit like this.

I already hate lightning and her I don't give a shit attitude in the story, plus I don't find her that fun to play as, perhaps that'll change with more moves unlocked.

Tifa on the other hand, I can't wait to get her some moves unlocked as she's going to be a beast!

Oh btw, you have the ability to load your save file from the first game and it'll bring over levels, AP gained, accessory slots unlocked, pp catalogue unlocks and some more goodies. You can do a partial load which won't bring in levels or AP so you can still start fresh.

I'm digging the overworld map and story mode flow a lot better in this game.

More impressions to come soon!

Sadly enough, I've actually LOVED playing through vaan's story, he hits like a truck and all of his moves work really well together, especially with weapon switching going on.

Moving on to laguna's story, oh also they've beefed up kefka's face time during the story mode in this game, and he's most definitely a badass all the way through, a good laugh too.

what the fuck is wrong with Nomura's naming model

DISSIDIA UNIVERSAL TUNING

KINGDOM HEARTS RE-CODED |3194/-24|^2

FINAL FANTASY TYPE 0 WAVE CANNON

And i really enjoyed Dissidia, but i absolutely lothed its counter system, and the fact that all the fights never touched the ground. Air battles are neat, but only because they're never possible in real life. In Dissidia, you fight in the air more than you EVER fight on the ground. After a while, the overly floaty physics started to annoy me. The fact that attacking the computer was suicide half the time because they'll always guard+counter hit you was also annoying.

IMO you should be able to dodge / attack once or twice in the air before you have to touch the ground again, unless you equip abilities that make it otherwise. It'd made the game a bit more fun. They should also make guarding something other than perfect-guard, because it really makes some of the moves bland. But i saw they sped up the chase mechanic, which is wonderful because i HATED using it because of how slow it was.

Does anyone know if any of the moves actually allow hitstun combos? (i mean, chaining of moves that aren't programmed to chain together.) I remember seeing that a few of them existed in the first JP Release of Dissidia, but apparently Square didn't intend for them to happen because in Universal Tuning/ the US Release, they were all removed. Im sure with the inclusion of Assist attacks a few may be possible. Some great news i heard from this game is that the HP limit was increased past 9999. Fights toward the end of the game were ending wayyyy too quickly, because you and the computer could usually achieve 9999 Brv after a single Break, especially in the Chaos stages.

Im excited to use Tifa. It's a little disappointing she doesn't go through her entire FF7 limit, but im pretty sure her moveset is comprised of a few of her limit moves anyway. It looks like my team is once again gonna be FF7 based, since Tifa looks like a powerhouse rushdown and Cloud is just straight powerhouse. If they made Tina or Gabranth any easier to use, ill pick them up again too.

Edit: looks like they added Hitlag to the moves for dramatic effect. Cloud has his KH1 outfit with the Jenova wing, and it looks like they altered the animation on his moves. Sexy.

And i think that remix of the FFXII Esper Battle theme is among the most epic FF remixes I've heard in a longgg time.

edit again: Original FF7 battle theme is a selectable BGM? Sold.

Haha yea, just beat the dissidia 2 story, now I move on to the original story, it actually ties in REALLY well to the original story and focuses completely on the new characters for the most part.

Tifa is a god damn beast, you can hit x on a lot of her moves to make her feint, and then you can go back into those moves, her blaze kick if you hit x as she's charging it up, she'll teleport a few spaces in front of her and if you hit square again she'll go right into the move with no charge. Almost all of her moves work like this, she really is a beast, though I'm so terrible at doing the slots on her EX finisher ;_;.

EDIT: with assists you can actually combo moves together, and with 2 full assist gauges you could pretty much do a circle square circle or circle circle circle combo, which would just be mean as hell.