A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Help with slopes

Filipe Santos

@Filipe Santos You must know that the slopes aren't directly related to the Fast Loop Object extension. This extension is used for angle finding and other events ingame, and MMF2 has it built-in application so you don't have to use it.

Loops, Filipe, are parts of programming (not only games) that you tells the machine to execute certain parameters very quickly, and they are structured in a way that you can call those parameters as much times as you want, or even in a row.

(I'll repeat it below in Portuguese just to make sure that you are understanding, as I noticed that you might speak Portuguese, so click on the button to read:)

Loops, Filipe, são partes da programação (não apenas em jogos) em que você diz à máquina para executar certos parâmetros bem rápido, e eles são estruturados de forma que você pode "chamá-los" (fazê-los serem executados de novo sem que você tenha que reescrever o código) quantas vezes você quiser, ou até mesmo várias vezes de uma vez.

(I made this for you better understanding, but let's keep the English language here, ok?)

EDIT: About your problem with slopes, I'm afraid I can't hlp you with a single post on a topic. You have to make an stactic engine, give it a loop finding and then make loop physics for it. You can learn that getting a 360° Engine and looking at the code, or even getting a more well-programmed engine (which is one of SFGHQ's sponsored projects), called Sonic Worlds: http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Yeh, it's gonna be a bit hard, but don't give up... I'm not the best person here to explain you how to do this, since I don't know how to make it properly myself ):

• Like 1

But the fast loop is very hard for me. Tell me how to use the loop of the MMF2 (Not the extension)

@LH the hedgehog:

You don't need to translate to portuguese. I speak portuguese, but i know almost all about english.

In order to use a loop, you need to have a name for the loop.

When you know what your name is going to be, make a condition for a new event. It's a system condition and it's something along the line of "On Loop "loopname")

Enter the name you decided on as the parameter.

That part of the conditions should usually be the first condition in the condition list for the event. Aside from that, just put whatever other conditions you usually would have for the event and whatever actions you want to be taken for the event.

Whenever you want to call that loop from another event, simply use the system action to run the loop N times. You'll have to put the loop name in there again. N is the number of times you want to run the loop and can be decided upon using formulas or just with a constant value.

• Like 1