A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Meat Boy ON SALE TODAY ON STEAM GET IT

shadowgoten

EDIT: STEAM SALE TODAY ONLY, UNDER $4 GET IT NOW, NO REASON NOT TO.

Where the eff is the SMB topic?? I just got this game yesterday and I'm in love with the game.

What is super meat boy? It's platforming in its rawest form. You are meat boy, he runs and jumps. What are his powers? He runs really fast. There are a ton of unlockable characters, including the minecraft guy, gish, and the head crab (in the steam version), each with their own special abilities.

This game oozes style, the music, the graphics, the old school parodies. It nails just about all of these things and more.

Gameplay is a more evolved version of N the ninja, I feel this game handles a lot better though. There's TONS of levels, there's also a darkworld, and I believe a minus world. It's got tons of replayability, oh and replays are neat to watch on particularly hard levels, you'll see all of your tries in one single replay, which you can save for bragging with later.

Who else is already on the SMB boat?? I feel like I've needed a good platformer like this, haven't had a good old school platformer in a long time, it requires twitch reflexes for some of the harder areas, and it's just overall a blast. It just came out yesterday on steam for 14.99. They also have the game released on XBLA, but I hear they don't have some of the special characters the pc version does.

FUCKING LOVE IT. Loved the flash prototype way back when and love SMB now.

The PC launch was a bit shaky but it's been pretty great still so far.

Think of XBLA as vanilla. Whereas PC is Super Duper Meat Boy, with an incoming level editor (January), new, exclusive characters (SPOILER), Tofu Boy (the PETA SMB parody (as of today)) and obviously, faster updates. I believe some characters in the XBLA version aren't in PC, like Tim from Braid and the Castle Crasher, but don't quote me on that.

Direct2Drive version launches tomorrow with today's Steam patch, which fixed a few bugs. Currently SMB PC crashes on exit. Leaderboards can be a bit dodgy at times but it's still very very playable.

Follow @supermeatboy for on-the-minute updates.

Edit: 300 levels over 7 worlds, with a dark version for each world, including "warp zones" which put you into other games/consoles. There will be more levels through the level editor, as well as more chapters by Ed and Tommy, AS WELL AS worlds by indie creators (VVVVVV creator Terry Cavanaugh for instance). There is and will be chapters created around certain characters (there's a Gish one, for instance).

This is the indie platformer to end all indie platformers. It's fucking fantastic and you should buy it now. Try out the prototype to see if you like twitch platforming: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/463241

played the prototype in Andrew's post.

I mean...it's alright? Not the greatest thang smokin but it is pretty creative. Reminds me more of Megaman X with more gravity than something like N really.

I got to the second stage of the salt factory and quit. It's pretty fun. In truth, the main hook for me is the neat little meat trail you leave while you move. If it's on PSN, i might go ahead and DL it if it's cheap.

the commercial release is waaaaay improved.

I'm almost done A+ing all the light world stages, I just have one more to go, and the stage is called "4 letter word", I used plenty of 4 letter words already...

also there won't be a PSN version (blame stubborn sony), but there will be a wiiware one, I'm hoping mario or someone from nintendo makes their way in as a secret character

• 2 weeks later...
Waiting to try this game for when they release the wiiware one. Since Nintendo specifically requested a version on wiiware, I wouldn't be surprised if they allow them to use all sorts of their characters
I'll wait until the wiiware release and if like your thinking there is extra charactrs i'll download. If not , i'll ge the steam verison.

WOuld epxlain why this is being released last.

Got the game yesterday as a gift from an awesome person since Steam refused to accept my credit card for some reason.

It's pretty awesome, just what I expected it to be. I am now looking over my scores and making sure most of them are better than SG's :D (Well, the future ones, not gonna backtrack yet.)