A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Laser and Spikes Redone: Spark

Sparks, or L-Spark:

Alternative of Laser. Sonic can stick to any surface. He'll be bale to "Spark" jump in any direction. Like laser, sonic can change direction on middle spark by holding the dash button + The directional pad. Once the dash button is let go, Sonic will zip in the direction the pointer is facing at. Near by enemies will get shocked and near by rings will get magnetized. When your Wish gauge is empty, Sonic will come to a complete stop-dead. Be careful that you don't run out over a pit.

Alright, so we have a Sonic who essentially has full mobility as long as he keeps a wall nearby. How do we limit its use? Does spark jumping consume a lot of wisp energy? Can the jump me be cancelled mid transit to save energy? How do we add balance to this?

Not trying to be hard on anyone here, but I am going to ask some tough questions.

How do we limit its use?

1.) The more you hold the charge button, the more energy it takes.

2.) Sonic can zip through metal creates, but once he's out, the power is up.

3.) You cannot use this in water.

Does spark jumping consume a lot of wisp energy?

Yes. When is in spark form, he'll consume a lot of wisp energy.

When he connects to a wall, the wisp energy goes down a bit slow.

Can the jump me be canceled mid transit to save energy?

No, the jump cannot be canceled.

How do we add balance to this?

As I've said, Sparks cannot be used in water. Connection to water will completely negate the Wisp's power. If you use it IN water, you run the risk of electrocuting yourself. Sonic cannot change direction in midair.

He cannot move when he's a stuck on wall. Spark is like a 360 Triangle Jump.

That's what I meant when I said he sticks to walls. Also, sonic can only spark jump on flat surfaces.

I'm actually weighing the possibility of allowing him either let him walk on metal crates which will reduce energy consumption, or allow to transform between Spark and normal Sonic when holding A+B (Jump and Dash). I'm also think about having go

when hold A.

I'm gonna try program it in worlds and make a video of it.I'm gonna have to rethink this actually.