A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Zero: Remastered

Sparks

I don't know what it is about this game. Everytime I try to run it, I get odd graphical errors and it looks like my comp is about to crash. I've tried other Worlds-based games with no issues. Are you guys using some new kind of extension?

Wow. I cant find much to criticize in your demo. It runs very smoothly and has no bugs as far as I can tell. I like your music. It reminds me of Sonic 2's style of music. The tiles could maybe be brighter and some more contrast would help. I love the trees. Keep up the good work, this has a lot of potential.

I played through this demo rather hastily ealier so I'll probably have more to say later.

For now though I must this is is a real contender for the best thing at SAGE. The game's super smooth, and the level design might be the best I've ever seen in a FG. The graphics are top notch as well.

I do have a question though, how does Sonic Zero have Knuckles and Tails in it. Assuming that Sonic "Zero" takes place before Sonic One how's the possible. Also I know this isn't exactly the same game but I really liked the name Sonic Rerun better.

When I have time I'll try to really pick through this demo and tell you something other than well deserved praise and nitpicks about your name.

I don't know what it is about this game. Everytime I try to run it, I get odd graphical errors and it looks like my comp is about to crash. I've tried other Worlds-based games with no issues. Are you guys using some new kind of extension?
Did you check the read-me? o_O
Wow. I cant find much to criticize in your demo. It runs very smoothly and has no bugs as far as I can tell. I like your music. It reminds me of Sonic 2's style of music. The tiles could maybe be brighter and some more contrast would help. I love the trees. Keep up the good work, this has a lot of potential.
We'll keep this going. Thank you, and I love the trees too. Metal palmtress with water flowing.:awink:
I do have a question though, how does Sonic Zero have Knuckles and Tails in it. Assuming that Sonic "Zero" takes place before Sonic One how's the possible. Also I know this isn't exactly the same game but I really liked the name Sonic Rerun better.
Boy you best be messing. :V

And thanks for the comment on the graphics and layout too. The smooth engine is obviously the work of Lark and Kaosu. The layout and graphics.. eh I like working at 3AM.

Yes I did mister. I don't get a fully white or black screen. I get a garbled mess of graphical data, my screen starts flashing, and some of the buttons on the titlebars of my windows go missing, like the maximize and minimize buttons.

I'm on XP service pack 3, btw. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I added you on AIM. If you're online, let's chat. I've been having problems with this game since Lark tried to send me a version with gamepad analogue controls just finished, so maybe we can get to figuring out what it is that's making this game bug out.

I just wanted to say thank you Sparks MCKaosu for fixing the shade transition in the inner circle of the loop-de-loop; amazed you remembered me nitpicking it. :D Oh, and the level design was heaps of fun too when I was testing out the early versions of the demo.

The sprites make it look authentic. There should be no change.

Agreed.

Also, in some of the sections, I could imagine that it would be really tricky for some people to tell that they have to walk through the wall in order to pass through some of the tunnels. Placing rings at the entrance of those little crannies might help point the player in the right direction.

Those are about the only two suggestions I can come up with. The game as a whole plays amazingly well, and the graphics are so smooth and colorful. The badniks/enemies have a lot of character too. I totally can't wait to try more levels. ^_^

On a side note, if you need more Genesis-styled music, I might be able to help out. I just got a Genesis soundfont. :3

Agreed.

Also, in some of the sections, I could imagine that it would be really tricky for some people to tell that they have to walk through the wall in order to pass through some of the tunnels. Placing rings at the entrance of those little crannies might help point the player in the right direction.

Those are about the only two suggestions I can come up with. The game as a whole plays amazingly well, and the graphics are so smooth and colorful. The badniks/enemies have a lot of character too. I totally can't wait to try more levels. ^_^

On a side note, if you need more Genesis-styled music, I might be able to help out. I just got a Genesis soundfont. :3

I wouldn't mind having a little help with that. This game is meant to have an original soundtrack. Maybe SOME remixes, but overall, original.