A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Compsense's Music

Compsense

私の電子音楽 :D

I produce electronic music. I try to expand to other genres every once in a while, but in general, my main focus is dance electronic music. Graphic design is also a hobby of mine, which I use a lot in combination with music for album art, advertising purposes, etc.

Here's my albums and such, in more-or-less the order I've released them.

11th Hour - Dance

Diffaction - Hardjump

eliXtro - Trance, Electronica

Release the Power [single] - Hardcore

Raving Dreams - Happy Hardcore

Also, this is my "scraps" pile where I put song ideas I wasn't able to complete, that just sounded bad, and so on.

Scraps - various styles

If I put together any mixes (ala mixtapes) I'll put em here.

Hardstyle 500% - Hardstyle

I keep a Youtube channel as well. I update it periodically with new music & mixes, but it's not a very reliable source for keeping up to date, as I tend to get pretty lazy and can take as long as a week (or longer) to put new stuff on there.

www.Youtube.com/CMDtechno

I even have a facebook fan page! :V

5u84f48n.png

I have only listened to a couple tracks so far, I have to say I really like the orchestral pieces and then I listened to Sonic Scene after! I'll listen to more, I decided to go with tunes I might be familiar with (cept Prepare For Battle I take it was entirely original?). Either way, cool stuff dude. I'll check more out.

Not big into the Dance music scene too much, but I do like me some electronic sounds. Just curious, have you ever made any dnb styled songs? Either way I'll be checking out more :D

Yes, Prepare for Battle is something I wrote from scratch.

Just curious, have you ever made any dnb styled songs?

I looked it up, and going by

, I haven't really. The closest resemblance would probably be a couple of the songs in the eliXtro album, and that's really only because of the "softer" percussion in them; otherwise, they're just calm techno/electronica.

But thanks, I'm glad you like some of them!

By the way, I'm always looking for suggestions/criticisms for any area that could use improvement, so don't be afraid to tell me something sucks. Just be sure to include why =P

Here's something I just finished, Saxxy Dance. I feel like this song had a lot of potential, but that I didn't quite bring all of it out. I'm not sure what it is, but even so, I'm fairly happy with the result; in fact, it almost feels like a milestone in the quality of my composing. Still not as good as Tweaker, though.

Oh, and I finally created some cover art for my eliXtro album. It doesn't quite match the style of the music itself, but I don't care, it looks cool! specialed.png

2575300724-1.jpg

I looked it up, and going by

, I haven't really. The closest resemblance would probably be a couple of the songs in the eliXtro album, and that's really only because of the "softer" percussion in them; otherwise, they're just calm techno/electronica.

Honestly, most people would conclude that something's Drum n Bass if it's at 150-180bpm and contains a syncopated break of some sort. Or just a 2-step beat. Whatever floats your boat. Would be interesting to see you make songs in other styles of electronic music though.

But I digress. I really like some of your stuff, I liked atmospheric pleasure from your EliXtro album, would be nice to see you make more ambient-ish techno. What DAW do you use, out of general interest?

I use FL Studio 9 Producer edition.

I'll certainly be writing more ambient techno, my eliXtro album isn't completed yet and half of it is a mix of ambience and trance as it is. I got a little too close to dance music with Saxxy Dance (the name didn't help much either), so some new ambience would help combat it =P

Oh, and thanks for the compliment, I'm glad you like it!

Well, I'm sick of working on it, so I declare the eliXtro album finished with this last song :D

The Infinite Cosmos

As requested, I tried something ambient sounding, but it might have just ended up sounding like dull trance. I'm not very happy with it, but I am happy to be able to consider this album finished. I really want to write some dance now.. maybe a complete album of sonic remixes :O

That would be cool, what about just videogame remixes in general : D? Megaman ZX's Green Grass Gradation I think its called is a super awesome track : D! Hinthinthint.

Haha, listening to this new track now :)

Edit: I really really like this dude! I don't think its dull at all, its really nice!

Edit2: Though that lead synth near the end seems a little loud to me.

Thanks, and I'd have to agree, the lead synth near the end is a tad loud.

Just for fun, I spent a couple hours playing around with Shreddage and spit out this rock-esque remix of the Kanto Wild Pokemon Battle song from Pokemon Silver. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to working with guitars (mostly the same case with drums), but I kind of like how it turned out.

Kanto Rock

• 4 weeks later...

Whoops, forgot to post this here.

I was working on this a little while ago, but I've stopped for a while and I'm not sure when I'm going to continue working on it. Since I don't want to quickly half-ass the rest of it, I'm releasing what I have now, and I'll just continue working on it whenever.

Sonic 2 Dance

There's no album art as of yet, I'm still debating on the style/look of it. Sonic 2 Dance is an album of Dance remixes of the Sonic 2 soundtrack. Think Project Chaos, but all dance, more amateurish, and without as much creativity. I'm probably not doing a good job of encouraging you to check it out :B

It's still a Work-In-Progress, with the most recent completed track (as of this moment) being Hill Top. Also, Hill Top is the only track that's along the lines of hardstyle, so if you don't like hardstyle, I'd suggest avoiding it.

I've checked out a number of your tracks from the width of your postfolio here. They were mostly a bit too straight for my tastes, although I do appreciate music that doesn't draw my attention too much from time to time. I believe eliXtro would be my favourite, at least at first contact.

Lastly, I imagine that making a living out of this will be difficult at best. I'd keep other options open but never stop being creative regardless of what happens.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I'm still working on improving by continuing to write/remix, but all the same I'm trying to improve in a wide range of music instead of always focusing on just dance alone (which is why I came up with eliXtro and Diffaction).

Speaking of which, before long I want to try writing in the style of video game music, kind of like some of the stuff Tweaker writes. "Video game music" is kind of general, but having tried it a couple times before, I know for a fact that I need a lot of practice in that area.

I dunno when I'll be working on music again, but in the meantime I'm working on 3D stuff again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was messing around with my piano sounds on Nexus, and came up with this piano rendition of the sonic 3 boss music. I don't have much practice composing piano music (that, and I was recalling the notes from memory), but it was still kinda fun to put together.

Sonic 3 Boss piano

Otherwise, though, I'm currently working on a happy hardcore album. Shiny album art!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my own rendition of the sonic 3 boss, using a piano accompanied by a violin.

Sonic 3 boss (piano & violin)

I've also finished Raving Dreams, my happy hardcore album.

Raving Dreams Album

Raving Dreams is also on iTunes :3

itunesscreenshot.th.png

And finally, a preview of the next album I'm working on, Comatose.

Comatose Preview

Not directly related to music, but here's some of the promotional material I created for Raving Dreams.

Radio Ad - this was actually for my marketing class, but I might find a use for it eventually.

ravingdreamsrender.th.png ravingdreamsmagazinead.th.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some new stuff!

I completed the first track of Comatose, and in realizing that I'm not proficient at producing electronic ambient/trance-like music, I'm releasing it as a free to download single track so I can focus on other music.

2144100931-1.jpg

Comatose

As well, in light of graduation for the class of 2011, I remixed Pomp and Circumstance into a dance track.

Graduation Dance

Enjoy!

In other news, I recently acquired a pair of KRK Rokit 5 studio reference monitors for $300. With these monitors, I can start getting more serious with my producing and hear my mixes better than ever. The sound reproduction is as close to perfect as I can imagine, and these monitors will quickly become an invaluable resource to myself as a music producer.

newkrkspeakers.png

• 5 months later...

HAHAHA HI AGAIN

Here's some new tracks

I uploaded them to Soundcloud because idk

All tracks: http://soundcloud.com/cmdtechno

Silent Magnets

http://soundcloud.com/cmdtechno/silent-magnets

Genre: Dance

Night Rave

http://soundcloud.com/cmdtechno/night-rave

Genre: Dance