A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic - The Mission

Candango

sonicmissionminioficial.png

Version: Beta

Tool: MMF2

Progress: 10%

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/lUIQlLCn/BETA_...he_Mission.html

The level goes into Tropical Forest

sonicinsonicthemission.png

bluetornado.png

Many already know that I was doing a fan-game some time ago but I had stopped developing it [LINK]. Now "Sonic - The Mission" is returning with a new engine, which is a slightly older Sonic Worlds, but with a little programming I am adding some items and moves very interesting that the current Sonic games can not miss.

In the game, Sonic will have some skills, by the way most already know, like:

- Homming Attack

- Light Speed Dash

- Spin Dash

- Bounce

- Blue Tornado

On another topic I had thought out a horrible story that involved the Mephiles. But as it was erased, the game does not have a history (and I have nothing in mind).

For you have a better idea of the project just check the video below:

PS: Sorry for my horrible English

Hmmm, I just saw the video. In the beginning, I swore that I was seeing Sonic Advance 2. But um, keep it up, I want to see what more it has.

Also, I liked the clear level design a lot.

Thanks.

To tell the truth, the only thing I had based on Sonic Advance 2 was part of the Big Ring.

The screenshots look nice, I cant see the video on moble but I'm hopping to see more updates.

Thanks.

I hope you enjoy when you can watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Your game's looking pretty nice. It has a good foundation so far. I'll have to agree with LH The Hedgehog, your Tropical Forest has too much in common with Leaf Forest Zone from Sonic Advance 2. It's not the level layout, it's due to the fact that it has the same tiling almost. Although I must say, I like the backgrounds for Tropical Forest and especially Freezing Alps. I hope to see more soon.

Sorry for Double Post.

Added new screens with the game's development:

[qimg]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5360/corkscrew.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/431/freezingalps.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8721/ancientruins.png[/qimg]

Image 1: Development of the new gimmick, the Corkscrew

Image 2: New level, Freezing Alps

Image 3: New level, Ancient Ruins

Even more o/

1. Corkscrew is looking great, but the tiling mismatches the background.
  2. Your freezing alps, I do approve.
  3. Your Ancient Ruins looks parallel to Chaos Angel of Sonic Advance 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Act 2 ready and added video:

Sound: Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow

As I said earlier, it was only a matter of act 2 is ready for me to provide the download link, but we still have little details to be finalized as Menu, Title Card, Credit, etc ... Maybe by the 15th of this month I release a playable version for you to test.

Hope you like it ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this is the time more important topic, because I am making available a beta version of Sonic - The Mission to test you. Obviously the engine may have some bugs, but has none of that prevents a person to continue playing as the character hang or something.

Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/lUIQlLCn/BETA_...he_Mission.html

Video:

Controls:

Z - jump

Z + Z - Homming Attack

Z + X - Light Dash / Blue Tornado

Down + Z - Spin Dash

Enter - Pause

History:

Sonic is resting in the Tropical Forest, the Cream Rabitti brings a gift for Amy to him.

When she is delivering such a gift, Eggman and two robots shown, the robots hold Cream and Sonic. Sonic gets rid of the robot that held him, but before he can do something, realize that the robot installs a device in it. Cream is owned, Machiavellian laughter loose and flies off in the middle of the forest. Eggman cowardly exit, dropping the phrase, all your friends will be mine! And so begins, Sonic, THE MISSION!

As I said earlier, only Sonic would be playable character, but I had not passed the full information. Only Sonic will be playable in story mode, but the other characters (Cream, Amy, Tails, Blaze, Silver, Knuckles and Shadow) will be playable in specific stages, ie, free play mode only.

According to the story, Eggman manages to install a chip in Cream and the same is under the control of Eggman. Eggman uses it to capture the rest of the Sonic friends, then at each stage, Sonic must save his friends and uninstall the chip Eggman, or Sonic's friends are the bosses. The difficulty increases with each passing phase. The heads will be in the order mentioned above, when the boss is the Cream of the Tropical Forest.

Anyway, more details will be revealed over time.

Hope you like it ^^

PS: Apologize if I wrote something wrong, because I posted a bit of a hurry with XP

Just finished trying it out.

First of all, the engine seems pretty solid. The custom moves (light dash, homing and the tornado attack) work very well. However, Sonic's top speed feels slightly off when building up speed after rolling, especially when going through a loop while rolling. It's a bit too fast.

As for bugs, I didn't find any. Nice work.

Now, on the other side, level design is a bit odd. It really reminds me of Sonic Advance 2 (Leaf Forest graphics to top that off, as well), with long stretches of land, a general "right, a bit down, bit up, more right" layout. Some parts seem okay, but others are too 'empty', with just stretches and maybe a spring on the end.

Overall, the game is okay. Keep working on improvements for the level design.

Wow, this was a nice suprise! Really solid engine you've got here. Plays really well, controls are very responsive, exactly what I'd expect out of a Sonic game.

Downers? Well the level design is a little too 'push-right'. Not a lot of platforming to be done, just the odd bit of jumping to avoid enemies.

Also, the level graphics are just taken straight from the Advance games. It would be fantastic to see something a bit more original because I'm sick of seeing fangame demos that are just Leaf Forest over and over again. They're everywhere! Try and stand out from the pack a little better.

Oh, one last thing:

IT'S SPELT 'COMING' NOT 'COMMING'!! WHY DOES EVERYONE GET THIS WRONG!?!?!?

Just finished trying it out.

First of all, the engine seems pretty solid. The custom moves (light dash, homing and the tornado attack) work very well. However, Sonic's top speed feels slightly off when building up speed after rolling, especially when going through a loop while rolling. It's a bit too fast.

As for bugs, I didn't find any. Nice work.

Now, on the other side, level design is a bit odd. It really reminds me of Sonic Advance 2 (Leaf Forest graphics to top that off, as well), with long stretches of land, a general "right, a bit down, bit up, more right" layout. Some parts seem okay, but others are too 'empty', with just stretches and maybe a spring on the end.

Overall, the game is okay. Keep working on improvements for the level design.

Thanks.

As for level design, over the levels it becomes more complex, making the player feel a greater level of difficulty. The Tropical Forest is linear because it is the first level of the game, which is basically go to the player to adapt to the game.

Wow, this was a nice suprise! Really solid engine you've got here. Plays really well, controls are very responsive, exactly what I'd expect out of a Sonic game.

Downers? Well the level design is a little too 'push-right'. Not a lot of platforming to be done, just the odd bit of jumping to avoid enemies.

Also, the level graphics are just taken straight from the Advance games. It would be fantastic to see something a bit more original because I'm sick of seeing fangame demos that are just Leaf Forest over and over again. They're everywhere! Try and stand out from the pack a little better.

Oh, one last thing:

IT'S SPELT 'COMING' NOT 'COMMING'!! WHY DOES EVERYONE GET THIS WRONG!?!?!?

Thanks.

About the level design, I have said above. Already about the graphics in the future I plan to make everything custom, without any aspect of the Leaf Forest, but obviously I'll need employees XD

Soon I will bring more news about the game.