A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Colorful *UPDATE*

UPDATE: DUE TO NOT MUCH INFORMATION BEING AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME FOR SONIC COLORS, SONIC COLORFUL IS BEING PUT ON HOLD UNTIL 8/1/2010 OR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. I WILL IN THE MEANTIME, WORK ON MY OTHER "secret project"

soniccolorful.png

This is my (currently paused) project, Sonic Colorful, a full sonic advance version of Sonic Colors.

Using extensive research and ripping sprites and watching levels of videos, my goal is to make one or two completely exact Sonic colors levels.

Here are my current sprite rips(ripped from screenshots of the DS):

sprite174strip14.pngsprite176.pngsweetmountaintile1.png

This Wisp is a White one, not blue due to it's purple eye, even though its cyan tinted.

More sprites,info, and a screenshot soon. I'm going to redo the gelatin.

Current Stage of Development: Level Research+Tileset ripping

Why in the world would you make an animation that's just the graphic bobbing up and down when that movement could be programmed with a much more smooth visual appearance as well as more accurate position tracking in-game?

Why in the world would you make an animation that's just the graphic bobbing up and down when that movement could be programmed with a much more smooth visual appearance as well as more accurate position tracking in-game?

My first thoughts exactly. It's unusual to animate simple X-Y coordinate translation as frames. Most of the time it's done by programming. It would save you from having to handle 13 additional sprites at the very least.

Anyways, good luck with your project. It's not like you're trying to recreate the entire game. One or two levels ought to be doable. Ought to be.

This is my first project I'm actually taking SERIOUSLY, all the others i ever made were just a bunch of sprite changes, in this one i'm ripping and coding extras(as much as I can, I'll need help of course) by myself.

Due to this, my GML knowledge is a bit low, but I'm learing every day.

To put it short, I never heard of moving a sprite with scripts.

Thanks a lot! The only problem is, I'm not sure if that is sweet mountain sprites or not, but the Monitor and boost and ring sprites are just what I needed!

I think I can use those rails to my advantage also.

I'm planning to wait for a water/ice level to be announced for my second level(if I do one at all).

Thank you +rep

PS:dang, I wanted to be the first person to rip the Sonic Colors sprites. I hope I can finish my project first >.<

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5505419/SONIC%20COLOURS%20SPRITE%20RIPS/Sonic%20Colours.PNG[/qimg]

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5505419/SONIC%20COLOURS%20SPRITE%20RIPS/4701734511_bd5c556a4f.PNG[/qimg]

Someone piece together a bit of this over at the insider. Thought it could save you some time.

You forgot to give credit fgr ._. the "ripper" is very pissed about it.

edit: He made the tags, a bit big but yea.

Holy **** I was right. All I can say is good luck.

Every sonic game on earth has had that effect on the fangame community.

This has to be the quickest, though. I dont know why everyone is so eager to make a fangame about it, like it was just the best idea in the world to give sonic different abilities. (????????????????????????)

You forgot to give credit fgr ._. the "ripper" is very pissed about it.
Oh noes, Blazefire is pissed! Run to the hills, the shitstorm is comming!

Well it's very funny, all those years stealing from others and now he is being stoled. Hahaha

Internettoughkid.jpg