A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Crysis 2 (computer hell)

As most of you may know Crysis 1 was hell for most PCs. The game came out in 2007 and barely now can some pcs play it with maxed out settings on a 23". I enjoyed the first game's mainly because of the visuals (it was more of a benchmarking game for my pc).

However then I saw this:

This game looks pretty badass!

I just hope that it doesn't take 3 years to come out with hardware that will allow it to be played with decent settings on a 23" screen.

The amount of surface area your monitor has holds no bearing on performance. If you mean the game is hard to play at 1920x1200, then yes, very. Still, it isn't that hard to get a computer right now that can play it at that resoultion and I've seen pretty respectable benchmarks at 2560x1600. Also, I have no idea how good that game really looks. 720p youtube encoded bullshit is useless. As for the people, they look like they just got dropped into the uncanny valley.

The amount of surface area your monitor has holds no bearing on performance. If you mean the game is hard to play at 1920x1200..

Yeah that's what I meant by screen size. And it is true that playing it with nice detail on 1920x1200 resolution is possible now but it's still close to imposible when it comes to playing it with maxed out settings on said resolution (unless you have a crap load of money).