A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Animation Thing

You are ridiculous I've told you time and time again. If you don't tell people what you are using to make your game no ones going to know what the hell you are talking about. You cannot assume everyone just knows.

He's using GameMaker I think. I'd help but I'm tired of this, you cannot help someone who can't help himself.

Ok. I want to make a waterfall for my first stage Seaside Island, although the sprite tiles I used on have one waterfall sprite. Is there a code that animated one frame to go downwards?

Do you know how to use surfaces? If so, I just had this idea in head that could work.

• Like 1

justin123 - No I Don't know. Wish I did though.

Overbound - That is total bull. I looked through all of my fangaming help threads and not once, NOT ONCE, have you told me that I needed to state what program I am using. You are the second person to de- rep me because of bullshit reasons. And I'm only human, people FORGET!!!!!

• Like 1

justin123 - No I Don't know. Wish I did though.

Overbound - That is total bull. I looked through all of my fangaming help threads and not once, NOT ONCE, have you told me that I needed to state what program I am using. You are the second person to de- rep me because of bullshit reasons. And I'm only human, people FORGET!!!!!

Surfaces are easy.

Sprite Part:

1. make a 16x16 sprite.
2.In the sprite, use the line tool and color the left and left-top edges to make a corner.

Object Part:

Make New Object
Set new sprite as the object's sprite

Create Event:

In a script put this:

width=0;
height=0;

surface=surface_create(width, height);
x_speed=0;
y_speed=0;
xMov=0;
yMov=0;

surface_is_set=false;

is_Sprite=false;
is_Background=false;

index=0;

Step Event:

In a script put this:

if (x > view_xview[view_current] || x+width > view_xview[view_current]+view_wview[view_current] || y > view_yview[view_current] || y+height > view_yview[view_current]+view_hview[view_current])
{
surface_set_target(surface);

surface_is_set=true;

draw_set_color(c_white);
draw_set_alpha(1);// you Can make an alpha variable if you want.

if (is_Sprite && !is_Background)
{
xMov+=x_speed;
yMov+=y_speed;
draw_sprite_tiled( index, -1, xMov, yMov); you can also make a image speed variable too.
}

if (is_Background && !is_Sprite)
{
xMov+=x_speed;
yMov+=y_speed;
draw_background_tiled(index, xMov, yMov);
}

surface_reset_target();
surface_is_set=false

}
else
{

if (surface_is_set)
{
surface_reset_target();
surface_is_set=false;
}

Draw Event:

Script Again:

if (x > view_xview[view_current] || x+width > view_xview[view_current]+view_wview[view_current] || y > view_yview[view_current] || y+height > view_yview[view_current]+view_hview[view_current])
{

draw_primitive_begin_texture(pr_triangle_list, surface_get_texture(surface));

draw_vertex_texture(x,y,0,0);
draw_vertex_texture(x+width,y,1,0);
draw_vertex_texture(x+width,y+height,1,1);

draw_vertex_texture(x,y,0,0);
draw_vertex_texture(x,y+height,0,1);
draw_vertex_texture(x+width,y+height,1,1);

draw_primitive_end();

}
[/CODE]

In the room, place the object. Hold down the control key, right click on the object. In the menu, click on "creation code". This will open a script box (If you didn't already know).

put this:

[CODE]width=//How wide
height=//How tall

index=//the name of your background or sprite
//If your image is a sprite:
is_Sprite=true;
is_Background=false;

//If the image is a background reverse the variables above.

x_speed=//how fast to scroll horizontally
y_speed=//how fast to scroll vertically[/CODE]

I didn't test this code. If it doesn't work reply back. I'll fix it.

~justin123

Think things through before you post and use a bit of common sense and you wouldn't have a problem.

Okay so the guy is obviously a noob at making games, and also to posting on this forum. Quit being so quick to jump down his throat. De-repping someone for something like this is childish unless he just isn't listening, and i don't think that's the case at the moment.

Why are you people so incompatible with noobs. Jesus.

LOL wow. SEGA are not retards because they turn a blind eye to our hobby and let us do it, if anything that means they are being generous and not suing us out the dick. They know fangames exist, and they most likely know of this place, so if they -really- wanted to they could C&D and other such things.

LOL wow. SEGA are not retards because they turn a blind eye to our hobby and let us do it, if anything that means they are being generous and not suing us out the dick. They know fangames exist, and they most likely know of this place, so if they -really- wanted to they could C&D and other such things.

True. Even with all the particular things they had to endure, they're still very tolerant.

Square Enix on the other hand...

Anyway Delta, making your own stuff from scratch is the best way to proceed. Drawing ideas from existing sources is okay, but remember to make something you can claim as your work.