A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MMF2 - Fullscreen issues

z3d

Pretty n00b question, but basically when "resize display to fit screen" is checked and the window is maximized, it's in full screen mode but it also becomes pixelated. Checking the resize option off gives the soft-edged look I want, but then the screen doesn't fit the whole way...

Any way to get it in complete full screen without the pixelated look?

"Resize display to fit screen" does exactly what it says on the tin, the pixelation is inevitable. When that option is off, the window will have a black border when maximized.

Using the "Change Resolution" option + fullscreen has pretty much the same results.

Dunno if filters can be applied to the application. Maybe the CT forums can help.

Death_Daniel, that's completely dependent on the ratio of his resolution in comparison to the ratio of the game's resolution. If his monitor is using a 16:9 ratio for example, the 4:3 ratio of 320x240 won't be a 'perfect fit'.

Anyway, normally using Change Resolution is the best results you can get, in which the display tries to down the resolution as low as it'll go to fit the game's window as best as possible. Depending on the user's computer, it may automatically use bilinear(-like) resizing to achieve a soft effect on the larger pixels, but I don't think there's a way to do so manually in MMF2 without doing some clever application resizing and exploiting the Viewport object in resample mode ( which would be very slow ).

I honestly prefer the pixelated look for 2D games; much clearer.