A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM7] Background Problem!

BOB_ROX

Hello, For my game Im making a green hill level for a start. I try and add a background for it and it goes into either smaller little pics or one big stretched one, I was wondering if anyone knew how to make it as just the one background so when sonic moves it moves with him?, Like it does in the older 2d games, Im not sure how to explain it.

Okay, Ill check What would it be called just incase I dont find it?

EDIT:

I found it, And I got the background to work, But I was wondering how do I get the clouds on my background to go one way?, Now Im using the pic as the background and its really long coz Its the Green Hill background from sonic 1, So how do I get it to work?,

This is all for what I got for draw in the sonic background object:

draw_background_tiled(GreenHill_BG,view_xview[0]*0.9,view_yview[0]);[/CODE]

First, make them constantly moving objects (Always -1 to their current position). Have their starting X position be the cloud's length + the right side of the viewing screen (I assume there's a constant for that in GM; if not, make one by adding the X position of the screen to the size of the screen). Then, add events that when the cloud is it's own length (say, 32 pixels) to the left of the left screen, set it back to the same starting position.

This should create the looping cloud effect.