A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Boss Programming(GM6)

I need help completing my final boss for my Sonic game. The code I'm using is not working. But what I need help with is that I want the final boss to stand facing right and then do a dash attack foward foward and then when he hits a invisible marker he dashes back to his original spot( which I did got right ) and then in his original spot his sprite changes to attack 1 sprite and fires a blast at Sonic and changes back to his standing sprite. I am probally confusing you guys...Does anyone have a pretty good boss example/tutorial I can learn from with Game Maker 6? My code is all wrong! And I seriously need help!!??

- Zonar Games

That's good. The final boss ( or any boss for that matter ) should have a varied amount of moves so it makes it harder to learn their tactics and makes it more fun, and challenging. I'm planning on making a boss that'll learn from what moves were successful and what moves weren't and what conditions caused that to happen so at first it'll seem easy and as you progress it'll seem like he knows your next move...