A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anyone heard of that rumored sega console?

flame6753

Technically, SEGA got a new president, and he decided to drop the Dreamcast and go 3rd party. A lot of people say the Genesis Add-On's and Saturn, or the PS2. However, the Genesis itself was profitable, and the Saturn was successful in Japan, not to mention the Dreamcast was a big seller (it broke the record for most consoles sold on launch). SEGA going 3rd was a choice, not a requirement. From a business perspective, the PS2 was out, the Gamecube and XBox were coming, so it seemed like a logical decision. We can argue it all day, the fact is that SEGA went 3rd party, and that the Dreamcast had better games than all 3 current gen consoles combined.

I think I skimmed over this before, but Left for Dead 2 isn't worthy of it's own game. The maps and characters from LFD2 should have just been able to be downloaded to LFD to expand the game and give it more variety rather than the same four characters and few levels over and over again. I don't see the point of releasing it separately at all.

Yes, and the same could be said for Halo ODST. Some said that Mario Galaxy 2 was the same way, but we haven't seen any of it, and knowing Miyamoto's way of working, it will be worth the extra $50. At least Super Street Fighter 4 isn't going to be a full priced game, it will retail for only $40. And while some people are releasing DLC as disk games, others are releasing basic features as DLC. Capcom wants you to pay money for extra costumes in SF4, and for the Versus mode in RE5, but both of those are saved on the disk. You're just paying to unlock them. At the end of the day, it feels more like money grabbing than anything else.