A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM7] Adding music for level or menu problems

BOB_ROX

Ive tried making an object and then putting in its create event and made it to play music title screen or whatever and then add it into a room it pops up in. But everytime that happens it lags my game when Im testing it out.

I was wondering if there is ANOTHER way that I could try that without lagging problems, And Yes I am getting more memory or RAM in my computer after christmas around that time so it'll be faster but Im not thinking its my computers fault. I was wondering if anyone knew another way I could try or could suggest something for me?

Well the files types ive set them as use multimedia player, But do I have to switch them around to be different? Coz I got the music I want in the game. Its just it lags. Like when I was first trying to figure out how to put invincibility music when the object sheild was going it was lagging until I found out another way to do it. And it stopped lagging, thats why I asked if there was another way to put music in levels without lag.

As for the OGG. I am not sure because I never used that type of file before. and all the songs I got are Mp3. File.

I think I know what's the problem, .MP3 files lag a lot when you use them in Game Maker, try using another format like .Ogg, I've tried it a lot of times and works perfectly.

.Ogg files take up much less space than .MP3 . He'd be better off using one of the .dll like Saudio or Supersound to get them working. You can find them over at the Game Maker Community Forum.

Well the files types ive set them as use multimedia player, But do I have to switch them around to be different? Coz I got the music I want in the game. Its just it lags.

This is very unreliable. If the music files get lost or damaged in any way, it can cause the game to crash, if not lag.

So what your saying is I can get a dll. to get the mp3 files working?, Coz I got the songs I really want in my game but I aint gonna go through the trouble or re finding them in different formats or what not. OR are you saying that I get Ogg files and throw the other songs I got in my game and get totally new ones which suck?, No offence but It took me awhile to get the right songs I want for my game.

Okay well Now that I got it working. I have it going through the first level which is practise. I had the testing of the invincibility music going but when it ends the background music dont play anymore, and If I dont hit the item box containing it, When the game restarts the music continues. Anyone wanna help?