A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New Sega licensed genesis/mega drive products

shadowgoten

http://www.seganerds.com/2009/06/25/innex-bringing-updated-sega-nomad-style-handheld/

dunno why nobody has hit this yet.

Sega is actually backing the company Innex up, they're releasing a console that takes all your old cartridges and allows you to play all your old games. (yes the dumbass developer says 32-bit, we all know it was 16 bit, let's get over that fact) apparantly the console itself is 64 bit and there's a bunch of developers on board to create new games, and sega is also going to be digitizing the whole sega library for this puppy.

Along for the ride is a portable that does the same thing, and even allows the insertion of cartridges, will accept the new games, and has a chargeable battery.

They also have a 2nd portable, a little smaller and sleeker that just comes preloaded with a boatload of games, kinda like those plug into your tv consoles for atari and stuff, this one i'm not that excited about, but these would make a GREAT gift for younger kids if you want to school them into the world of games we had as youngins.

I'm pretty excited for the new nomad knock off, chargeable battery and tv out?? YES

I was gonna say it's stupid since there's a gajillion handhelds that do it already with ROMS... but $50 is a smart choice for pricing!

FYI out of all the emulation shit I've done in my life, the best solution so far is just to use your cell phone... at least my Windows Mobile phone was fantastic at running Genesis ROMs:

i760.jpg

Yummy too bad this thing was the size of a cigarette case