A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

No More Plumbers - Episode 2

allpurposeimage.png

Story

You, the player, is Mario. Average loser, video game fanatic and lady scarecrow. You post on message boards about games you've never played and how amazing your love life is, when suddenly, a new game comes out. Just one of those games that everyone gets. In order to keep your cool, you need it. But ack, you have no money, for you are a loser. In despair you get drunk in the average loser-way and at the bar, you meet this smokin' hot chick who offers you a job. Simple; fix the water leak in her house and you'll be rich enough to buy your game. This is No More Plumbers.

Controls

Shift / z = Jump, talk

Ctrl / x = Attack

Episodes

Beat an episode to unlock the next!

Download

Click here

The title makes me think of "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" for no good reason... but it sounds way more interesting than that one! Download this to take a look at.

And "Episode 1"? Planning on making this an episodic thing, then? Interesting!

The presentation and style is great. I've never touched No More Heroes so I can't judge how much of it is lifted from it, but its good.

Well stylistcally its good. Pretty graphics and great effects can't fully cover up rather stale gameplay and linear levels. Especially the last section of the garden, which is just a straight enemy free run to the boss. Probably could have cut that to 1/4 its length. Otherwise its a great start, and I assume it only will get better.

The title makes me think of "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" for no good reason... but it sounds way more interesting than that one! Download this to take a look at.
Haha! Actually, I though the same thing!

Luckly, it wasn't anything related. =P

Oh, the presentation is good. The game almost screams: "YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO PLAY ME!"

Definitely an interesting concept, and very creative to boot.

I didn't like how it lagged after every single enemy kill (as in, the excessive blood, not the programmed slowdown). I should be allowed to jump up to the next floor without having to find a ladder. Mario's jump height is variable, not fixed. Mario should also have a bit of control in the air also. I also need to be able to run.

I really enjoyed No More Heroes for the little time I played it at a friend's and you've got the crazy transitions between scenes perfectly and the general feel is awesome too. What did you make it in? It feels too smooth for MMF2.

allpurposeimage.png

Episode 2 is out!

You need to beat episode 1 in order to get to episode 2. If you have previously played episode 1, you can use that save file (save.dat) in order to start off with episode 2 quicker.

However there was a small bug in ep1 that forces you to beat the boss again before you can get to episode 2.

Enjoy!

c+c much appreciated.

Why release them in episodes when you can't even start directly from a later episode? Why make it so you have to beat the prior one to get to the next but not mention that during initial release so one wouldn't have to go back and redo the prior release thinking that its save file wasn't necessary?