A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Cyber Rat's SAGE Reviews. 5th review (Sonic Zero) online

Cyber Rat

Ok, contrary to what I was expecting, I seem to have Internet access today and tomorrow, so I'm using it to start reviewing SAGE games as I have promised, and will probably finish the whole thing when I'm back (at some point next week). In case the SAGE sub-forum gets closed while I'm gone, I'd like to ask the mods to move it to GFD, since I intend to review everything that was playable.

Now, let me get a few things straight:

-For all purposes, these are my personal opinions on each game, and although I'll try to be as objective as possible, I still consider myself a novice reviewer;

-If your game is playable, I'll get to it eventually, Scout's honor;

-Any harsh criticism is there because I want the game to improve, I have no gain from bashing or glorifying any game on SAGE;

-You may comment here, or on my blog where the reviews are posted (no registration is required). In case of abuse of the no-registration ability, I'll close anonymous comments;

-The Length of the review depends the actual game content;

-There will be three screenshots per game.

(I'll expand this list if needed later)

The reviews:

Mario Roots

Sonic Time Twisted (Yes, I know it's pretty short, but it had only 3 levels and Sonic gameplay that doesn't need much in-depth discussion)

Sonic Adventure 3

Nemegraphe

Sonic Zero Remastered (Short demo, short review)

Very nice reviews. To my mind, there is an unique point to improve: it would better with more pics. It attracts people.

On the other hand, it's too bad to do not mention why NemeGraphe is on SAGE: there is a special pack about Sonic ^^

Anyway, good luck ;)

On the other hand, it's too bad to do not mention why NemeGraphe is on SAGE: there is a special pack about Sonic ^^

Actually, you don't need Sonic content to enter SAGE, so I didn't mention Nemegraphe's Sonic tiles.

As for the screenshots, I agree, I'll see if I try and take at least 3 screenshots per game... I just thought it was too big of a hassle for 3 print screen -> MS Paint maneuvers since there are around 40 games this SAGE.

Glad you liked the review.

@Cyber Rat: If you have Paint Shop Pro 6, you can use its capture function to take a screenshot of a window's content, meaning you'd only get the game without the window border in one go.

To my mind, there is an unique point to improve: it would better with more pics. It attracts people.

Or you could finish Maniac mode which I'm guessing is supposed to give you randomly generated puzzles that though don't make pictures, still provide a challenge if you've done every picture available.

Thanks gSoft, I'll give it a go.

I'm going on my 5-day trip tomorrow night apparently, which means that I *might* finish one more review, and the rest will be done after SAGE, when I return.

By the way, the more comments you people post, the more you'll motivate me to go through all 42 booths. ;)