A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

RAGE 2009 - Make Shitty Fangames

Also I wonder why people are already posting their games. Wasn't RAGE supposed to be a collection full of "surprises" inside? Getting to play them beforehand, that is before the date they are supposed to be released gives the fun of it ( that is, play all the games at the same time period) away.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw it, apparently I don't know how to make the game look shittier without doing it on purpose and on a rush :U

You could always "draw" your own graphics. Bonus points if you take cheap digital photos of gameplay on a tv and cut out the sprites to put together an incomplete animation.

Edit: Tech's game was actually very good. ( Though I couldn't be assed to start over after I was quickly clicking through one of the cutscenes and I didn't get the second button I'm guessing I was supposed to click. ) It contained a buttload of plottwists too which...though is the point of this year's RAGE, I was surprised many games didn't include, unless it was some deep plot twist within themselves that was too twisted for me to catch!

I think next RAGE, the theme should be games that actually try to act serious but are just downright terrible. ( In which Instant's game is a great example. )

plottwists too which...is though is the point of this year's RAGE

Well, my game contains some plot twists near the end.

Sending my entry in some minutes, that I spent about an hour doing. Lark, you motivated me greatly, and I think I should thank you.

Chao Adventure!

The game itself is a plot twist!

I included all 4 pieces of crap for the lolz. =3 Also, I didn't make this just now; it just shows how bad my earlier pieces of work actually managed to be.

Edit:

Lark, you motivated me greatly, and I think I should thank you.

Always happy to be able to inspire the will to make shit in yet another soul. =3

Ho boy did I get carried away. That's probably the hardest I've ever worked in a single week. I'll let you decide whether or not I stayed within the spirit of RAGE (I'd release it separate from RAGE, but I want the publicity so to speak, also it'd never get released/finished because of the leeway).

Anyway, my game is a sequel to New Sonic, my entry from last RAGE. If you haven't played New Sonic or forgot its story, you'll be lost here. If you HAVE played New Sonic, then you'll still be lost. Here lie the unfiltered analogies of a certified madman (Bachelors in Insanity, Graduated March 2007, 3.5GPA).

I had more planned, but I got a surprising amount done.

Edit:

==Eh, link removed for now. You wait til RAGE is official==

Tech's game was actually very good. ( Though I couldn't be assed to start over after I was quickly clicking through one of the cutscenes and I didn't get the second button I'm guessing I was supposed to click. )
Oldest trick in the book :D
It contained a buttload of plottwists too which...though is the point of this year's RAGE, I was surprised many games didn't include, unless it was some deep plot twist within themselves that was too twisted for me to catch!
The requirement for this year's contest was a terribad plot twist - so I decided to make the entire plot just that - plot twists. Hence the name. It will keep you guessing again and again! :D