A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Stadium's SAGE Coverage

Way back when, The Sonic Stadium was all about the SAGE coverage during the week of the show, but it slowly started to ween. Last year, when I was put on the site staff, I brought back show discussion on the front page with Dreadknux and I talking about happenings and reviewing most of the games. Dread's all about SAGE this year, so we'll be doing more reviews and more fun stuff.

Dread has kicked off our coverage with a TSS Site Update to set the tone for the rest of the week. Check it out. You're sure to love it.

I hope you guys stop on over to read what we put up. I'm gonna toot my own here and say that I pride myself on the quality of my reviews (*beep beep*). Outside work at the Daily Nebraskan during the school year, SAGE is the only time for me to review some damn games.

Some of '08s Review Highlights:

We'll be unleashing the schedule tomorrow and talking about all the fun shit visitors can do.

The Sonic Stadium - "Guaranteed to Not Piss You Off!"

It seems TSS has buggered up again. It'll be up and running again soon enough, though.

Also, Dread is an awesome guy. Though, the thought of Brad reviewing my game makes me nervous. Then again, reviews mean criticism so I can improve my game, and constructive crit I somehow find hard to come by these days. So that's good.

• 2 weeks later...

So, we've gone through a server move all week and we've been busy IRL at TSS, but we've managed to scrape up a few things. We each picked our favorite project and put up a review:

Time Twisted

Project Mettrix

Nebulous

Don't know if we'll be assed to write more. Readers of sites like TSS don't give a flying fuck about fangames and they'd rather complain about voice actors or rail on us "retro___s" for 70 comments. I'm also busy now that SAGE is pretty much over, despite the extension. I scheduled some time off during SAGE week (as always) from work and Nexus, so it's time to get back to that shit.

The ignorance of some of the people there make me angry. 'no moar fangaem news kthx!?'

After a total of like 3 or 4 articles that were actually written quite a ways apart from one another. Seriously. I agree with what you said Slingerland, they like to complain about VA work, or bitch at you guys, or see some fanart or something.

I like in one of the articles (I think it was the review on Nebulous) that one guy is like 'nice try but I'm not going to ever play a fangame'. OH WELL. At least we can all love eachother here, right?

Sonic Stadium sure has it share of asshats.

"The screenshots alone were enough to make me never, ever want to ever touch this game. Ever. The scenery looks nice, but the characters are some of the ugliest sprites I’ve ever seen."

Really? Seriously, graphics isn't everything.