A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Wii sports resort, what we should've gotten years ago.

I picked up the $20 wii motion plus adaptor the other day, my friend did too and he burned the japanese copy of wii sports resort. This is what the wii should've been all those years ago. Resort is packed with 12 (i think) mini games, each with full motion control and are all very very fun with the new motion enhancer.

My favorite game is actually the basketball match, the game is very very simplified but extremely fun when played against your friends. you basically pass the ball using A or the DPAD and you dribble by actually making the motion, you can dribble down the court and make a dunk if you can trip up the defense or you can go for the shot (very soft bball shot motion!). Defense can swipe the remote to try and steal the ball away and can jump to block your shots. This mini game mainly uses the motionplus for your shots and the dunking which isn't as much use as you'd get out of hte other games but still is extremely fun.

The other minigames range from ping pong, archery, wakeboarding, all the way to sky diving, all utilizing the motion plus and it's loads of fun.

We've been playing for almost a week now, I think the motion plus is an amazing accessory, I think developers need to be thinking about implementing this thing on their games now, as it's basically making the wii, the wii 2.0. I can see FPS's being even more accurate and intuitive with it.

honestly, I 100% agree with you, this is something that should've been built into the god damn thing, but I understand why they're coming out with this though, it's something that was needed, and it would be unfair to just throw out a new controller altogether that you'd have to pay $50+ for rather than just tossing this in as an addon. I'd like to see them pack this in with wii's now as a nice incentive.

I think they're still considering this as an accessory for some games, and not a necessary add-on, which seems kinda contradictory. They're upgrading the Wiimote to work as it should have, but aren't forcing developers to put it in their games, which means that most of the games will be stuck with the crappy default Wii controls for at least some time.